• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domicile Restrictions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JoandJa'smom

What is the name of your state? TX

I just wanted to know what is everyone's opinion on domicile restrictions for the CP? IN Texas many of the counties wil issue them if the NCP asks for it. I know that Dallas county does, but that Tarrant county does not that much. WOnder why? Anyways, does anyone think it is fair/not fair? Just curious

JoandJa'smom

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

What do you mean by domicile restrictions? Like if they can live with someone of the opposite sex? If that's what you mean, I think it depends. If the CP wanted to shack up with a sex offender or a known drug lord, then I think the courts should issue an order restricting that. If they want to live in sin with a mechanic or whatever, then the courts should stay out of it. Same for the NCP when they are exercising their parenting time.

H

hexeliebe

I have the same thing in my visitation. I am not allowed to shack up with LMSP while the girls are with me :D

D

DChristian112

Does MN have that law/rule?
My kid's father is a "slut" to put it nicely, and exposes our children to these immoral acts of promiscuities).
I am not kidding, my daughter has been exposed to orgies, male and female...and it was videotaped! (She was not in the video!)
Some people have no morals or ethics in child rearing...
Oy!

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

hexeliebe said:
I have the same thing in my visitation. I am not allowed to shack up with LMSP while the girls are with me :D
Yeah, he makes me stay in the shed with the sheep.

Whyte Noise

DChristian112 said:
Does MN have that law/rule?
My kid's father is a "slut" to put it nicely, and exposes our children to these immoral acts of promiscuities).
I am not kidding, my daughter has been exposed to orgies, male and female...and it was videotaped! (She was not in the video!)
Some people have no morals or ethics in child rearing...
Oy!
I'm sorry.... but I really have to ask this one...

If your ex and his current flavor live with his mom and dad, and that's where the kids are on the weekends...

Just who in the HELL was having these orgies? G'ma, G'pa, dad, g/f? If that's the case, I'd think "orgy" wouldn't be the correct term for this one...

A while back it was that your daughter heard dad and his g/f bumping uglies and thought they were "fighting" in their room that got you upset. Now, it's graduated to orgies?? Did I miss a memo or something?? I would be more pissed about my kids actually witnessing a pile of writhing bodies on a floor than I would be about them hearing something that nearly every kid in the world has "heard" at one time or another. Myself included. But this is the first time you've mentioned this one.

H

hexeliebe

"BUMPING UGLIES?"

My GAWD BLCM, did you just age yourself :D

T

theother

"bumpin' uglies"?

That's kind of vulgar, don't you think?

I think the correct term is "making the beast with two backs".

*lol*:D

D

DChristian112

The orgy I was referring to happened about two years ago. He was living with a female friend, who was bisexual, and she had a g/f who was dating my ex and the female roomate at the same time. Ex has a best, male friend, that he regularly engages in orgies with, and they all decided to do it one night. I heard about it, the whole thing happeneing, but I discovered it happened while my daughter was there, (I discovered this months later, after he had moved to CA, and there was nothing to do with it.)- and they had the video camera on.
I do not know if my daughter actually witnessed it, firsthand- but the whole fact that he was doing such ill-mannered, inappropriate acts while my daughter was in the same apt? And right next door, none the less.
I think I have referred to it on a different website.
Yes last visit, two weeks ago, my daughter told me she heard them... But he has a random girl over there, as his "girlfriend" every month, if not every two months, I think he is slowing down a bit.
But, I just do not agree with our children being exposed to his promiscuities. It is not good for them. What is it teaching them?
"Oh- Daddy has a NEW one tonight", and she HAS to stay the night as well, and wake up in the morning, and be present when the kids are there?
I do not do that. I had one man, (whom I was SERIOUS with)ONE -stay the night a few times, and when my daughter started asking questions, I made sure he came AFTER they were out for the night, kept it on a different floor, like downstairs, and he was gone before they got up.

I guess if their father is proud of it, rock on with your bad self then.
Just had to clarify on all of that...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DChristian112 said:
The orgy I was referring to happened about two years ago. He was living with a female friend, who was bisexual, and she had a g/f who was dating my ex and the female roomate at the same time. Ex has a best, male friend, that he regularly engages in orgies with, and they all decided to do it one night. I heard about it, the whole thing happeneing, but I discovered it happened while my daughter was there, (I discovered this months later, after he had moved to CA, and there was nothing to do with it.)- and they had the video camera on.
I do not know if my daughter actually witnessed it, firsthand- but the whole fact that he was doing such ill-mannered, inappropriate acts while my daughter was in the same apt? And right next door, none the less.
I think I have referred to it on a different website.
Yes last visit, two weeks ago, my daughter told me she heard them... But he has a random girl over there, as his "girlfriend" every month, if not every two months, I think he is slowing down a bit.
But, I just do not agree with our children being exposed to his promiscuities. It is not good for them. What is it teaching them?
"Oh- Daddy has a NEW one tonight", and she HAS to stay the night as well, and wake up in the morning, and be present when the kids are there?
I do not do that. I had one man, (whom I was SERIOUS with)ONE -stay the night a few times, and when my daughter started asking questions, I made sure he came AFTER they were out for the night, kept it on a different floor, like downstairs, and he was gone before they got up.

I guess if their father is proud of it, rock on with your bad self then.
Just had to clarify on all of that...

My response:

And, of course, you knew NOTHING about his proclivities while you were with him, and had a child by him. Of course not. You were the only "Nun" in his life - - and from the way you talk about him, it's a wonder you're still not a virgin.

Oh, yes, we believe he changed into this monster of a man only AFTER he met you, and broke up with you.

I'll bet you dollars to dimes, you were just as much of a skank then, as the skanks he's seeing today. In fact, I'll bet you're still very much the skank.

IAAL

J

JoandJa'smom

Actually, a domicile restriction is when a CP is told they can only live in a certain area like the county they live in and the surroundling counties. And if the NCP moves outside of that area then the domcile restriction is removed from the court order. If the CP moves out of the restricted are w/out permission from the court they could lose the child to the NCP.

So, what does everyone think of this order? Honest opinion from all sides please!

JoandJa'smom

W

WSM

Well, JJMom, IMHO it depends on the parents.

Some CPs don't want their children to have a relationship w/NCP, so they "move" to make it harder for the NCPs to be with the kids. So in a case like that, I am all for it. I'm sure if my SD's BM would have had custody, she would have been living in China by now to keep SD away from her dad.

Now, if the CP is cooperative with the NCP and the CP follows visitation rules as stated in the CO, then no restriction will be needed, so in that case, I'm against it.

It's really difficult b/c kids are not asked to come into this world and they don't choose their parents either... therefore, they need to be near BOTH parents (who care) so that they can lead a stable life. It is not one parent's (CP) choice to move far away from an NCP who is a good parent.

I gave you both sides.

WSM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">