• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Downward modification of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

C177BPilot

Florida
I signed an agreement for the amount of child suport I was to pay. The former wife's income has increased dramatically and I wish to get a downward modification in my child support payment. The opposing counsel's argument is that since I signed an agreement I can't have the support amount reviewed and adjusted per the guidelines. They are seeking a "Protective Order" to prevent me from obtaining her info to show "changed circumstances". I contend that Florida Statue 61.14(1)(a) does provide me to request a downward modification using the guidelines in 61.30 to constitute "changed cirsumstances". Am I proceeding in the right direction? Are there cases I can refer to where downward modification was granted where child support was by agreement rather than determined by the guidelines? Also, what is a Title IV-D case that can be reviewed every three years? I am doing this pro se.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">