• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drivers permit - joint legal custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

In Florida, we can get a permit at 15. You have to carry the permit for a year before getting your driver's license. To get the permit, you must attend a drug and alcohol class and pass the rules book. You must have the permit to take the driver's ed class. It is a graduated license here, so even if they get their license at 16, it is restricted.
Here, you get the permit at 15, when you pass the written test.

Then, you have to have it for a year, drive a certain # of hours with a parent or instructor (and you can only drive with that parent or instructor in the front seat with you). You can also only drive with fewer than 3 non-related people under the age of 18 in the car with you. So my kiddo can drive with me in the passenger seat, and the two sibs, but not my BF's kids.

At 16, you can drive to school or work, but not between 11pm and 6am unless you're accompanied by someone over 21.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">