• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drop off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cerity

What is the name of your state? Alaska

I have been searching the Internet for a local service that provides a drop off/ pick up location for my child. The only thing I have come up with so far is a court ordered mediation. My ex has agreed to counseling/anger management (fingers crossed), and until then, I would like for my daughter to see her father. I just don't want to have any direct contact with him. I am already hesitant to allow her to be with him, I am having a hard time deciphering what is best for me and what is best for her. I know I am not healthy or safe around him. Does the same apply for her? He has not physically harmed her, however since our break up he has become very aggressive toward me and we have exhausted all mediation potentials. I don't get along with his friends or family and he has burnt all bridges with mine.

I guess my question is, is anyone aware of a service that will allow me to drop off and pick up my daughter for visitations without direct contact with her father?
:confused:

Zephyr

is there any court order?

and yes there are agencies that facilitate drop offs in the way you describe...usually domestic violence organizations.....not sure if Alaska has the agencies that would offer this though

Cerity

Yes and no. He has no custody or visitation rights due to a past domestic violence charge against me. In the state of Alaska, if you have commited an act of violence toward a child or other parent of that child, you automatically forfeit custody. He legally has no rights.

I will look into domestic violence shelters and resources. Thanks very much for your time and your thoughts.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes and no. He has no custody or visitation rights due to a past domestic violence charge against me. In the state of Alaska, if you have commited an act of violence toward a child or other parent of that child, you automatically forfeit custody. He legally has no rights.

I will look into domestic violence shelters and resources. Thanks very much for your time and your thoughts.
Then quite frankly you have no protection and should go back to court and ask for them to order ONLY supervised visitation at a court sanctioned place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">