• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emergency custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skibutt2002

What is the name of your state??What is the name of your state? Michigan
I guess my question is this, I drove to Iowa to get my Niece and nephew because their mother was going to put them up for adoption. She ran out on my brother for some guy she met over the internet and took the children. I guess the grass isnt always greener. I just found out from the 4yr old that this guy she is with hits her and the baby. How do I get energency custody of them. She has given me custody for a year, but at this point I dont ever want to sent them back. She is unfit and I know I could prove it in a court of law.

Clarification

The kids are still with you? Have been for a year? Where's the father, your brother? These are his kids; not yours. He needs to step up to the plate and take responsibility for these kids, especially now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">