• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emergency Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gannonke

What is the name of your state? California

I have visitation with my 3 kids for the summer. The problem is that they have told me some very disturbing things about their mother re: abuse and neglect. Since being here for the past month and a half, they have learned things about their mother by paying attention to what she says and does and they aren't happy.

I've told her what they are thinking and she is acusing me of turning them against her, which isn't the case. My oldest 2 refuse to talk to her and now she is threatening to put them into counselling just because she doesn't like their opinions. My children are afraid of being treated unfairly and possibly beaten for their behavior toward her while here. I have the same fears.

They do not want to go back there and they are very frightened as to what may happen. She even made the statement that they will have to 'face' her when they get back. This is very disturbing.

The custody arrangement is through an Arizona court. Is there anything I can do in California to prevent them from going back until I can get the custody modified or get her under control?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
gannonke said:
Since being here for the past month and a half, they have learned things about their mother by paying attention to what she says and does and they aren't happy.
What do you mean by this?

tcarlson

Dont be so sure there is abuse. Kids love to play parents against eachother. Also ,the way you discipline will be different then hers. Be careful not to let the children believe you think there mom is doing something wrong. Take them to a counseler and tell the children its to help there mom and you work together better. Let her be the judge of abuse. Its easy for the non cus parent to say crap like that when there being the disneyland dad and the mom has to deal with the everyday hardache and crap!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">