• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emergency custody hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gracerae1804

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
my exhusband threatened once again to attempt to take custody of our son. he has made this threat many times when he doesnt get what he wants and he wants our son to live with him next year for school only because he once again has a girlfriend to impress which is the only time he ever attempts to be a father. our son is 6 years old he has only made attempts the first time we went through our custody battle in the begining of his new relationships and then starts to not show up no phone calls nothing. he has done very little for our child and not to mention he has 2 daughter both of which he has lost all parental rights to and the last daughters rights was right before christmas. well i have had a lot of hardship in the past 7 months me and my now fiance split up for a while so i moved up to my moms to help with her sick husband and thought the school would be better for him and it wasnt and i was unable to find work so i moved back to my fiances house with his family which mind you has been a part of our sons life for over 5 years for our son to have a good school as well as a better possibility for work and better support system...well my fiance who does not live here got into some trouble and now my ex is trying to say our son is in danger and is going to file papers monday for an emergency hearing. since 31/2 months ago our son has once again thrived in school and is much happier here. my question is does he have a valid claim and what should i expect at this hearing and also how much time is required to give me notice of the hearing? i dont have money to pay for a lawyer to assist me this time around i am still unemployed and my family is financially struggling as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">