• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emergency Order for Child Pickup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeekChrist

What is the name of your state? Florida

How do I present the judge with evidence for a Emergency Order for Child Pickup? I have pictures, media, as well as Open Criminal cases...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are going to need to provide more information: who are you to the child (if dad has paternity been established), are there any orders in place regarding custody, what problems are there that you believe are enough for you to win emergency child pick up (which by the way isn't a cause of action -- are you talking emergency custody?).

GrowUp!

SeekChrist said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

How do I present the judge with evidence for a Emergency Order for Child Pickup? I have pictures, media, as well as Open Criminal cases...
If you have to ask "how", then you need an attorney.

SeekChrist

There are multiple jurisdictions, im awaiting an outcome from the judges to see which jurisdiction its being differed to. I know I need a lawyer unfortunately I dont think im going to be able to retain one in 17 days. I am the father currently have an emergency order here in Arizona and the mother gave her to me back in April. I moved from Florida in September of 05 in which we were both living together with our daughter. Her lawyer filed for an emergency pickup order but the reason she gave her to me was because she had an open department of childrens and family case for child abuse/neglect based on a chemical dependency/drug user. I have pictures of her doing drugs with her drug dealer, pictures of her and our daughter at the drug dealers house w/ drugs present in the picture as well as paraphanelia, and 2 other open criminal cases where violence was present. The law enforcement cases are still open pending further investigation and they took place since Ive had her out here. She rejected drug tests from DCF and acknowledged her drug problem and has been avoiding her drug classes. She has no stable home and I have proof of that along with her current address she has no bills going there, no change of address, and just moved in with him. Shes pregnant and makes a low income serving food for a restaurant. Im scared not only will my daughter find herself in danger being that mom's drug dealer sells meth but she has already had people run up on her in her car and beat her car in while trying to rip her out (1 1/2 months ago). My daughter is in danger and her lawyer isnt worrying about the best interest of anyone just his financial well being. We have court September 18th in which I just need a way to get this stuff to the judge before than or somehow miraculously retain a lawyer. Sorry to gossip about my problem but I am just seeking advice on a next step.

Ambr

Documentation! Documentation!

ANYHING.....except just your word that any/all of this happened.

Find out who is the case worker on the DFS information. Subpoena her. Get police reports, subpoena the officers. Any wittnesses to those incidents.

Be prepared to answer....how did you get the photos of her doing drugs? Where you there? WHY were you there? Did you participate as well, and you were just lucky enough to be behind the camera instead of in front of it. Because they will try and turn it all around back on you. IF you can even get it in front of the judge.

Ambr

Oh yeah....almost forgot my favorite line.....and I have heard this one actually used in a family court and IT WORKED!!!!!

But your honor.....my daughter was not present during any of these events. She was safely with her father. Her father has brought it to my attention and I love my daughter and realize that the life style that I was living is not good for either of us.

I have seen the error of my ways and I am working to make things better for both of us.

Be ready to hear about how they found salvation and narcotics anonymous, parenting classes. And it would probably work with NO PROBLEMS.

SeekChrist

well I lost jurisdiction today and they ordered for an emergency pick up where i have to bring her to Florida. they didnt listen to either of the sides pertaining to why Jurisdiction was better either way. Now my daughter must return to this negative environment. Even her babysitters boyfriend just got out of prison last week for selling drugs. Oh man what a situation!!! The pictures were taken when I was out here and she posted them on myspace and I grabbed them before she removed them. I have everything documented, I even faxed it to the judges today and they wouldnt even look at them. *sigh* well Now im trying to figure out my next step.

LdiJ

And consider moving back there if you possibly can. If DCFS yanks your daughter you will have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get placement. It will be tons harder if you aren't also in FL.

SeekChrist

Lost the jurisdiction but won the emergency child pickup hearing.. I was granted temporary custody in Arizona where we both reside now. Her lawyer was so mad he withdrew from council now we both have no attorneys. Next court date is January 31st. Shes pregnant, lied to the judge and he caught her, failed the judges drug test while pregnant, and her new babys daddy left her. She has moved about 6 times this year alone but yet is still trying to fight. I will keep the stats updated thanks for all the advice everyone!

nextwife

She has moved about 6 times this year alone but yet is still trying to fight. I will keep the stats updated thanks for all the advice everyone!
My goodness. That's about how many times I've moved in my entire post-college adult life! And I'm 51 years old.

LdiJ

My goodness. That's about how many times I've moved in my entire post-college adult life! And I'm 51 years old.
Moved out of my parent's home for the first time after college (I assume that moves from dorm to apartment while in college don't count), left the first apartment to move into another. Left that one to move into another. Got married and lived in the apartment for a while and then moved into a rental house. Then bought a house and have remained there since....despite divorce.

I am 49 so it sounds like I am about at your level.

However, honestly I am not sure that we are the "norm". I have friends who regularly move once a year or so (up or down the scale) based on their incomes...but of course they don't necessarily move outside of their children's school district.

6 times in one year is absurd...but there can be extenuating circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">