• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emotional distress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishgurley

New York

Is it possible to "sue" someone that makes fictional situations about you in court. Which then these accusations start to affect you emotionally or mentally?

I have a significant other who is family court right now where I did not involve myself but his ex-wife did. She has written to the court and testified to the court in her responses that I have been domestically violent to my significant other, her soon to be ex-husband. She now has given more then ten incidents where I have been violent. Recentley she had typed an email to her lawyer and the law guardian of the child and the judge about these specific dates where I have threaten her life and the childs which she says that I left them on her answer machine. She said that there were four messages from me. I have never met her nor do I know her phone number. Also other things such as I called his mother once asking her to come to our house because he was sad and I thought that maybe she could help us and in this letter that she sent to everyone she put that my boyfriend had called his mother begging her to come to the house to save him from me because I was beating him and that he thought that I was going to kill him. Also once I had to go back to my parents house for some family thing, my faimly lives in Vermont and I did not have my car and my boyfriend, he couldn't drive me so my brother, his wife and my mother came and got me. We made a day of this. She put this in that letter saying that I had to be removed from the house by the police because I had hurt him so bad that he called them and I injured him. There is so much more but this is just a break down of how she is. My boyfriend and I ask his mother about the letter because his ex-wife said that these incidents were reported to her by his mother. Of course she denies saying these things to her. For about seven months now I have been deemed too dangerous to be around the child. The court has not once "interviewed" me. The legal guardian has not once tried to conntact me. No social services or police have ever been to my house. And she has not once had to prove any of her allegations for the past seven months. His lawyer denies all of the allegations but nothing happens. And when it seems that he is wining she makes more things up. The courts doesn't even take into consideration the witness we have to prove her wrong in everthing we say. He is allowed to have his son three times a week which is great but why is she allowed to get away with lying? Will this hurt her in the trial? We can't even go to court yet until Unified Services. Which is a phycologist that will be talking to us. Sorry for the long introduction but my real question is can i "sue" her for anytihng. Especially emotionally or mentally because it has been going on for a year and it has affected me those ways too. THank You

Zephyr

I don't think so, and you could avoid this emotional distress if you wanted to by not being involved with a married man.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Nope you cannot sue her. What your boyfriend could do is bring you into court to testify but apparently there are various good reasons why that has not happened (the proof of adultery you would provide for one).

irishgurley

that isn't the reason at all because you know nothing of that situation because they have been seperated for two years and she has now had three other children with three married men where she doesn't go after for child support so just stick to your job and don't put acusations of things you have no idea about. so maybe you aren't even a lawyer who has to put other people down because of how they feel about yourself. so dont put input into something I didn't ask about and I did get called to testify in the trial but that is in december which if you read and not assume.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
that isn't the reason at all because you know nothing of that situation because they have been seperated for two years and she has now had three other children with three married men where she doesn't go after for child support so just stick to your job and don't put acusations of things you have no idea about.
I would tell you to stick to things you know about except that doesn't cover anything. Especially proper grammar, sentence structure, and so on.

so maybe you aren't even a lawyer who has to put other people down because of how they feel about yourself.
I feel great about myself.

so dont put input into something I didn't ask about and I did get called to testify in the trial but that is in december which if you read and not assume.
Then you will have a fabulous time in December telling the court how you are not a danger and it was all lies. Don't forget to mention your legal education then. Okay?

I did answer. You could go to court and testify. However your boyfriend's attorney would have to call you as a witness in order to rebut his wife's accusations. Apparently that has not happened all along as the attorney has determined that would not be a smart thing to do. For whatever reason.

irishgurley

your just wrong and thanks for nothing and you must be stupid because I did get called as a witness because I have already said this so thanks for being smart and dont worry I will tell them about my law background and law school is going great. see you are the one who has nothing better to do then be miserable. nobody ask for your opion about the situation all was ask was a question that needed no nastey answers or rude comments no but that is how you are and you must be a loser because you are too hostle to talk to people. i hope you have a awful life. because you know nothing about my situation except for the things that i wrote and so your speculation is wrong.

seniorjudge

your just wrong and thanks for nothing and you must be stupid because I did get called as a witness because I have already said this so thanks for being smart and dont worry I will tell them about my law background and law school is going great. see you are the one who has nothing better to do then be miserable. nobody ask for your opion about the situation all was ask was a question that needed no nastey answers or rude comments no but that is how you are and you must be a loser because you are too hostle to talk to people. i hope you have a awful life. because you know nothing about my situation except for the things that i wrote and so your speculation is wrong. .
Sounds like a real lawyer to me!

:D

tuffbrk

that isn't the reason at all because you know nothing of that situation because they have been seperated for two years and she has now had three other children with three married men where she doesn't go after for child support so just stick to your job and don't put acusations of things you have no idea about. so maybe you aren't even a lawyer just a jerk who has to put other people down because of how they feel about yourself. so dont put input into something I didn't ask about and I did get called to testify in the trial but that is in december which if you read and not assume. i was just wondering what I could do see you could have answer but no you have to be a prick and put in things that arent true at all.
Hey - in 2 years she's had 3 other children? I was thinking that she must have had twins but then you wrote -with 3 married men?! And she still has time to fabricate lies about you and violence as it relates to their child? Have you been prohibited from being near the child?

Are you aware that separated is still married? You would not be under any stress had you waited to begin a relationship AFTER the divorce.

proud_parent

Are you aware that separated is still married? You would not be under any stress had you waited to begin a relationship AFTER the divorce.
Or had she chosen to wait until she was older than 20 to begin a relationship with a man who has children.

Or had she chosen to eschew men with children altogether.

Choices --> Consequences. So simple and so true.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Or had she chosen to wait until she was older than 20 to begin a relationship with a man who has children.

Or had she chosen to eschew men with children altogether.

Choices --> Consequences. So simple and so true.
Just to share my sig of wisdom.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">