• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

enforcing visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jomel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida. As part of our divorce my ex-husband is supposed to take our daughter "at least" every other weekend. He doesn't bother to see her more than a few afternoons a year. This is very upsetting for our daughter. Can he be legally forced to see her regularly? (I realize spending time with someone who has been forced is less than ideal.)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida. As part of our divorce my ex-husband is supposed to take our daughter "at least" every other weekend. He doesn't bother to see her more than a few afternoons a year. This is very upsetting for our daughter. Can he be legally forced to see her regularly? (I realize spending time with someone who has been forced is less than ideal.)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nope. He can (unfortunately) more or less pick and choose when he does and doesn't see his daughter.

But what does the court order actually say? Is it specific?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Visitation is a right, not an obligation. You can't force him to take the time he's allowed.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Does he have joint physical custody? If so, take it back to modify it so that he only has visitation and that such visitation he must call at least 48 hours but not more than 1 week prior to let you know that he will be utilizing his visits. If he does not call then he forfeits his visitation for that week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">