• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enforcing Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ATCPlaneMover

I live in Florida, my ex-wife and children live in North Carolina. Our agreement is for "joint care, custody and control of the minor children, with the children residing primarily with the wife". The agreement also states, that "the children shall visit with the Husband at anytime mutually agreed by both parties" and "the parties shall exert every reasonable effort to maintain free access and unhampered contact between the children".

Now for the problem. My ex-wife makes it VERY difficult for me to arrange plans to go up and see the children. My visitations HAVE to be when she/they can fit me into their busy schedule, and she will not allow them to come to Florida to visit me, because she says THEY don't want to, so..............................

How can I enforce my rights to visitation?
The children's ages are 16 and 12, if I had to go back to court to ask a judge to enforce the order, would their ages and wishes be taken into account?
Does the language in our agreement "mutually agreed" hurt me, since she makes it so difficult to agree?
Is there anyway I can go through North Carolina courts myself to enforce my visitation without having to hire an attorney?

I have been a victim of Parental Alienation by my ex-wife, and I have reached my breaking point over this. My 20 year old daughter has not seen me since she was 16, and won't even speak to me. I hope time and maturity will eventually win out and she will seek me out and ask for answers to what happened without taking her Mother's side. I don't want the same thing to happen with my other two daughters, but I don't know how to fight this continued battle, especially being so far away.

THANK-YOU

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">