• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Boyfriend & mother trying to take my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adlncal3

What is the name of your state? PA

My husband & I are being taken to court by my ex boyfriend and his mother for full custody of my child. My ex and his mother are not blood related to my child. They have a court order stating that they have baby sitter rights. They are NOT even named In Loco Parentis. They are making false acusations about me & my husband because they aren't getting their way. Is this legal? and what kind of information do I need to get this case dropped and to keep these people away from my family? Please help.

Zephyr

if they aren't blood relatives to the child- they don't really even have standing to sue- how did you get in this mess- why in the world would your ex bf- think he has rights to your child that is not his....:confused:

Silverplum

if they aren't blood relatives to the child- they don't really even have standing to sue- how did you get in this mess- why in the world would your ex bf- think he has rights to your child that is not his....:confused:
Betcha I can guess! ;)

FLSister

Please,..

I realize that I am not a senior member of this forum, so I will probably get slapped down faster than people can hit "Submit" but I am going to stick my neck out anyway,..

Is it really necessary to post responses as the above?
1. It takes away your credibility from true advice that you might actually have
2. She says in her initial post that her ex-boyfriends and his mother have "baby-sitter" rights. And as I am familiar with what she perhaps refers to- these people are probably caregivers to her child and feel that they have had significant input into the childs' rearing and well-being. They most likely feel that relationship deserves recognition/continuation, despite not easily having the legal recourses blood relatives do.
3. Just cheapens the character of any forum where people do come in good faith to seek assistance.

Last edited:

Silverplum

Thank you for your input.
Not that you have any concept of what we're doing, or anything. But thanks. :rolleyes:

I realize that I am not a senior member of this forum, so I will probably get slapped down faster than people can hit "Submit" but I am going to stick my neck out anyway,..

Is it really necessary to post responses as the above?
1. It takes away your credibility from true advice that you might actually have
2. She says in her initial post that her ex-boyfriends and his mother have "baby-sitter" rights. And as I am familiar with what she perhaps refers to- these people are probably caregivers to her child and feel that they have had significant input into the childs' rearing and well-being. They most likely feel that relationship deserves recognition/continuation, despite not easily having the legal recourses blood relatives do.
3. Just cheapens the character of any forum where people do come in good faith to seek assistance.

Zephyr

no slappin FLS- but it does make a difference if ex-bf is actually bio dad and our poster did a backdoor "adoption" with new hubby

moburkes

The great majority of people do not ARBITRARILY file a lawsuit like this. Period. There is absolutely more to this story than OP has revealed. And, when you ask innocent questions, you start to get innocent answers.;)

Neal1421

no slappin FLS- but it does make a difference if ex-bf is actually bio dad and our poster did a backdoor "adoption" with new hubby
That's one of looking at it. I was thinking the situation might be more like this...

She had a child and wasn't sure who the father was but the ex boyfriend signed the birth certificate thinking it was his. Later on, after a paternity test it was determined that the child was not biologically his but since he signed the birth certificate and AOP his is legally the child's father.

Now he is suing for custody of his "legal" child.

What do you all think???

FLSister

And in response to the original question,..

I'd like to know more about these "baby sitter's rights" stated by the court, please.

How long have they been caring for your child? How old is the child??

and

If they have been recognized by the court as having a significant part in your child's life, you may not like them, they might not like you- but just like divorcing spouses, you're going to have to deal with each other and NOT put the child in the middle.

Last edited:

Silverplum

I'd like to know more about these "baby sitter's rights" stated by the court, please.
THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS. GAWD. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You have NO CLUE as to what you are discussing here. Sit back and read and learn.

FLSister said:
How long have they been caring for your child? How old are they?
and
If they have been recognized by the court as having a significant part in your child's life, you may not like them, they might not like you- but just like divorcing spouses, you're going to have to deal with each other and NOT put the child in the middle.
those are irrelevant questions. Thus proving my point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">