• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex demands I meet him half way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

StevenC

My ex and I have joint custody but for the past three years he's had nothing to do with our child. He has never paid child support and he was just released from prison after 18 where he did start to develope some what of a relationship with his son. I have remarried and moved to another city only 2 hours away and I have no problem with him seeing him every other weekend except now he's demanding that I drive and meet him half way. I don't that I should be responsible for driving him to see his father, if he wants to see him he should come pick him up, right? He's now threatening to take me back to court to get the judge to make me meet him half way......anyone know what MY rights are??
He still isn't paying ANY child support by the way, although that has nothing to do with way I feel this way...I still allow him to see him every other weekend if he wanted to.

Last edited:

4gals1guy

Not sure of the law, but I can tell you what happened in our case. If you can't agree on something and he goes to court, you could be ordered to contribute to half of the driving. We're both rdered by the court to drive one way or another for each visit (5 hrs round trip). We work it out between the two of us who will drive which way. You could even be ordered to do all the driving -- you moved, remember? Especially since you have joint custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">