• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex girlfriend won't let me see my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LukeSeymour

I am a 22yr old man from South Mississippi. My ex girlfriend, Jennifer, and I have a 7 month old daughter, Aubrie. Aubrie has lived with me since she was 2 weeks old. I live next to my parents, so I was able to quit my job to be a stay at home dad. We recently added on to my house so aubrie will have her own room. Jennifer works as a waitress and is constantly putting in 50+ hours every week. We had a system where I would drop Aubrie off at her house on all of her days off, and keep her with me while Jen was at work. We were both happy with this situation. Recently I resumed taking classes in college to finish up my degree. Jen discovered that I met a girl in class and was interested in her. As soon as she heard this she took aubrie from me, and says she will not let aubrie stay at my house as long as I am dating other women. She says she doesnt want "her daughter" to see me dating, and I can only see aubrie if I go to her house and see her there. Aubrie has stayed with different babysitters every day since Jen took her from me. Jennifer has not been the best mother, and I am concerned about her ability to raise her. My friends and family are encouraging me to try to get full custody of my daughter. Jennifer doesnt have a drivers license, or a car. She works as a waffle house cook, and her job requires her to work overtime every week. She is totally dependant on her friends and relatives to bring her to run her errands.

On top of it all, she has a staph infection that she refuses to get treated, and it makes her have blisters all over her arms and legs.

I am afraid to fight for full custody because I dont have a job (My parents support me while I go to school), because I'm the father (I've heard courts side with the mother), and because I would still like Aubrie to grow up having a relationship with her mother.

What should I do?!

stephenk

Well if you dont want to go to court to get a custody, visitation and support order, there really isnt anything anyone can do for you. Mom has the kid and you are at her mercy. good luck.

L

LukeSeymour

I want to go to court, I'm just afraid of spending a lot of money when I wont win.

P

Pfaffing85690

So, you're telling us your child isn't worth your money? Your words sound fine, but your actions suck.

haiku

LukeSeymour said:
She works as a waffle house cook, and her job requires her to work overtime every week. .

On top of it all, she has a staph infection that she refuses to get treated, and it makes her have blisters all over her arms and legs.

note to self: continue to never eat at the Wafflehouse......

L

LukeSeymour

Pfaffing85690 said:
So, you're telling us your child isn't worth your money? Your words sound fine, but your actions suck.
My child is well worth my money, but I am a college student, and I dont have a lot of money. I was just trying to ask for advice on the situation, like if I have a chance of winning if I persue this in court. I thought I would get a serious answer here.

If the woman automatically gets custody, I would rather spend the money on food and clothes for my daughter, rather than lawyer fees.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

Re: Re: Ex girlfriend won't let me see my child

haiku said:
note to self: continue to never eat at the Wafflehouse......

Amen to that.

Dude, no one can tell you what the outcome would be but we can tell you that at the very least you'd get visitation, and not on blistery Mom's terms.

And please call the health dept on the Waffle House. *shivers*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">