• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Has Unstable Life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OP - I would seriously consider speaking with another lawyer about your situation - yours seems to be leading you down a garden path.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Have you actually read what you wrote here? You ARE denying part of his visits. It's that simple.

You're blinded by naivete, and you need a reality check. You're not "golden". You are simply unable to comprehend that YOU are part of this mess and YOU can actually end up being the NCP. I don't know if it's willful ignorance, but you need to change your mindset and change it FAST.

FOCUS. And please, drop the martyr act. It's not a good look.
So dad should take the children for the day and not return them until his time is over -- the court ordered time. Mom can't do much about it.

FrustratedMom16

Just back on this forum for another topic and thought I would update. He lost the kids. Lost overnights and I got full custody. For ppl running around saying poor ppl have rights yada yada, well a judge knows that what they kind of see is only SOME. Judge was right too. Not long after he was evicted again, his mother ditched him for good, and he ended up in rehab which would help explain his inability to get it together. That's why, that's why you take kids out of situations like his. Awful things may have befallen my children had I not taken action. Red flags are just warnings. Worse things are usually happening.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Just back on this forum for another topic and thought I would update. He lost the kids. Lost overnights and I got full custody. For ppl running around saying poor ppl have rights yada yada, well a judge knows that what they kind of see is only SOME. Judge was right too. Not long after he was evicted again, his mother ditched him for good, and he ended up in rehab which would help explain his inability to get it together. That's why, that's why you take kids out of situations like his. Awful things may have befallen my children had I not taken action. Red flags are just warnings. Worse things are usually happening.
I see a year and a half+ has not improved your attitude or temperament.

LdiJ

Perhaps, partially. I, personally, don't entertain the position that the poor have no rights, as OP seems to continue to exhort. Read her current "problem".
I also told her that I didn't think that the case would go anywhere. I gave different reasons than you did but the end advice was the same. I was obviously wrong and I feel that I must acknowledge that, whether I am fond of the poster or not.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don’t see where we were wrong. Things changed after she posted and we weren’t provided that info. Dad being homeless with no place to stay would prevent overnights and the fact that he went to rehab is also an issue... neither of which she had mentioned

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">