• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Husband doing drugs around our child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Antigone*

no i find it offensive you would accuse me of using drugs. please understand i am trying to do what is best and get my son out of a bad situation. would the fact that my son has drugs in his system not be a dead ringer when i know it's not coming from my house?
Sure, test your son. Call CPS if the results are positive and then CPS can investigate both of you.

The mere fact that drugs would be in your son's system doesn't mean it came from dad, so you would be under the microscope too.

laceyjaye

Come on**************lol I know I had no clue about what was admissible and what wasnt. I came up with all kinds of crazy ideas because when it came to my son Id do about anything to keep him safe. I didnt know the law and court procedures as I do now. Im sure the OP is stressed and comments like these dont make it any easier.
thank you so very much. i am a mother...seriously...i will do what it takes to keep my baby safe.

Mr_Dad

no i find it offensive you would accuse me of using drugs. please understand i am trying to do what is best and get my son out of a bad situation. would the fact that my son has drugs in his system not be a dead ringer when i know it's not coming from my house?
how would your son have drugs in his system. if he did then you would have to prove it came from him and not you. that could be a problem. plus who would say you didnt alter the test. not say you would do this but that is how the courts would look at it and why a home test wouldnt work.

maybe bringing your child to a dr and explaining the situation. have the dr run a drug test maybe? but not sure how great of an idea that would be, as you would still have to prove its coming from dads house. someone with better knowledge about this would help.

HomeGuru

Come on**************lol I know I had no clue about what was admissible and what wasnt. I came up with all kinds of crazy ideas because when it came to my son Id do about anything to keep him safe. I didnt know the law and court procedures as I do now. Im sure the OP is stressed and comments like these dont make it any easier.
**A: I am on this website to provide legal advice, not to be a Dr. Phil.
Who in their right mind would have a 4 year old ( a minor) tested at home.

Mr_Dad

**A: I am on this website to provide legal advice, not to be a Dr. Phil.
Who in their right mind would have a 4 year old ( a minor) tested at home.
When we are scared for a loved ones safety I think we could all come up with some pretty crazy ideas. This is what the board is for. If she knew all the answers she wouldn't be here.

Are you saying that the 4yr old shouldnt be tested at all or just not a home test?

HomeGuru

When we are scared for a loved ones safety I think we could all come up with some pretty crazy ideas. This is what the board is for. If she knew all the answers she wouldn't be here.

Are you saying that the 4yr old shouldnt be tested at all or just not a home test?
**A: results of a home test would not be admissible in court.

Mr_Dad

I know that. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to bring the child to the dr for a drug test. Results from a dr would be admissible. Correct?
If it was admissible though it would still be difficult to prove how it got in to the childs system and who is to blame.

laceyjaye

please all i am needing is solid advice. i am a worried mother of a 4 year old. i don't want to end up someday in a situation where some drug deal went wrong while my child was with his father, and my baby is no longer around. if i do nothing to stop this problem i will be the one to blame. My son has "rolled joints" on many occasions with small peices of paper, i know my ex to be a user, i just want solid advice. i am looking to see if there is paperwork that i can draw up my self or somewhere i can go and seek help in the matter. i can't neccissarily afford a lawyer, but that should not stop me from keeping my son safe. please understand.

Mr_Dad

please all i am needing is solid advice. i am a worried mother of a 4 year old. i don't want to end up someday in a situation where some drug deal went wrong while my child was with his father, and my baby is no longer around. if i do nothing to stop this problem i will be the one to blame. My son has "rolled joints" on many occasions with small peices of paper, i know my ex to be a user, i just want solid advice. i am looking to see if there is paperwork that i can draw up my self or somewhere i can go and seek help in the matter. i can't neccissarily afford a lawyer, but that should not stop me from keeping my son safe. please understand.
I understand your fear. My ex got arrested for drinking and driving with our son in the car. The way I was treated by the cops made me feel horrible as they held me accountable. Why did I let my son go with her when I knew how she was. Fact is there was nothing I could do to prove it!

Call CPS tell them what you told us hear about the "joint rolling" and possible drug use. Maybe they can offer further advice to you. Ask them if having the child drug tested at the drs is a good idea. At this point though there is no proof. As sad as it is this is the way the law works.

Ive been battling this for years now with no luck. I wish the best for you and your child!

laceyjaye

I understand your fear. My ex got arrested for drinking and driving with our son in the car. The way I was treated by the cops made me feel horrible as they held me accountable. Why did I let my son go with her when I knew how she was. Fact is there was nothing I could do to prove it!

Call CPS tell them what you told us hear about the "joint rolling" and possible drug use. Maybe they can offer further advice to you. Ask them if having the child drug tested at the drs is a good idea. At this point though there is no proof. As sad as it is this is the way the law works.

Ive been battling this for years now with no luck. I wish the best for you and your child!
thank you so very much. i appreciate your kindness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">