+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laceyjaye is offline Junior Member

Question Ex Husband doing drugs around our child

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oklahoma

I am suspecting my ex husband is using drugs around my son while he has him for visitation. I know my ex to be a user. He has sworn many times he is not doing drugs any more. When he came to get my son this last time, he was looking very much like a "crack head" with the drawn up face and sores. I am in need of suggestions on how to restrict visitation rights, and get him flat bustedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
    Mr_Dad is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laceyjaye View Post

I am suspecting my ex husband is using drugs around my son while he has him for visitation. I know my ex to be a user. He has sworn many times he is not doing drugs any more. When he came to get my son this last time, he was looking very much like a "crack head" with the drawn up face and sores. I am in need of suggestions on how to restrict visitation rights, and get him flat bustedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
    I am sorry to hear this. If you figure it out please let me know. I am in the very same boat. Trying to prove the ex's drug habit is very difficult. It seems unless they get busted there is not a whole lot you can do. I called CPS and they went out there and she denied everything. I even have witness to her buying and using drugs.

edited to add:

I am in no way saying not to call CPS. However, I had no luck with it. Some drugs take only days to come out of your system so if the other parent knows there is a test coming up they could simply stay clean until after the test.
    Last edited by Mr_Dad; 07-22-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: additonal info
    Silverplum is offline Senior Member

You can't do anything without proof. I'm not here to teach anyone how to "bust" someone -- that's for the cops to do.

All you can do, really, is wait.
    Silverplum is offline Senior Member
    Please don't tell your own story in someone else's thread. It confuses the OP's issues with yours. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dad View Post
    I am sorry to hear this. If you figure it out please let me know. I am in the very same boat. Trying to prove the ex's drug habit is very difficult. It seems unless they get busted there is not a whole lot you can do. I called CPS and they went out there and she denied everything. I even have witness to her buying and using drugs.
    Antigone* is offline Senior Member
    In honor of JetX ~ Somnambulist University

You will need a lot more than just your suspicions. Unless there is proof, you need to continue visitation as directed by your court order.
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member

**A: contact CPS and go to court and demand he be drug tested.
    Mr_Dad is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverplum View Post
    Please don't tell your own story in someone else's thread. It confuses the OP's issues with yours. Thanks.
    Im just sharing my own experiences with her. As I would like anyone to do in my threads. Sharing experiences helps with knowing what could possibly work.
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGuru View Post
    **A: contact CPS and go to court and demand he be drug tested.
    i how do i go about getting court ordered drug test? do i have to have a lawyer? I really think this is my best route of defense for my son.
    i how do i go about getting court ordered drug test? do i have to have a lawyer? I really think this is my best route of defense for my son.
    **A: contact a family law attorney.
    Mr_Dad is offline Member
    I would definitely have a lawyer if you want a drug test. They may ask you to take one as well. I could be difficult because they are just accusations at this point. There needs to be proof like an arrest. It is very disheartening!
    **A: contact a family law attorney.
    i have thought about purchasing an at home drug testing kit and having my son take it (he's 4). is there any way i can make the results of that test court admissible if he tests positive?
    Antigone* is offline Senior Member
    In honor of JetX ~ Somnambulist University
    i have thought about purchasing an at home drug testing kit and having my son take it (he's 4). is there any way i can make the results of that test court admissible if he tests positive?
    absodanglutely NOT.
    **A: are you on drugs also? What the heck are you thinking? Oh yeah you're not.
    no i find it offensive you would accuse me of using drugs. please understand i am trying to do what is best and get my son out of a bad situation. would the fact that my son has drugs in his system not be a dead ringer when i know it's not coming from my house?
    Mr_Dad is offline Member
    **A: are you on drugs also? What the heck are you thinking? Oh yeah you're not.
    Come on**************lol I know I had no clue about what was admissible and what wasnt. I came up with all kinds of crazy ideas because when it came to my son Id do about anything to keep him safe. I didnt know the law and court procedures as I do now. Im sure the OP is stressed and comments like these dont make it any easier.