• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex husband threatens abduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emilydlovell

What is the name of your state? washington state

quick background info: my ex husband lives with his parents. his brother in law lives with them as well and is a level 2 reg. sex offender. our parenting plan didnt outline specific visitation so i stopped letting him take her. He was told he could go visit with her at daycare, and has done so 3 times in 2 months.

i filed my intent to relocate info last week and had him served. we are moving to florida where my fiance is in the air force. he then called his son's mother and informed her he was going to go and take her from day care before i got off work!

in my opinion its a threat of abduction. can i file a restraining order? im worried he will go to her day care and try to abduct her. they are informed and know she is not to go with him. advice?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? washington state

quick background info: my ex husband lives with his parents. his brother in law lives with them as well and is a level 2 reg. sex offender. our parenting plan didnt outline specific visitation so i stopped letting him take her. He was told he could go visit with her at daycare, and has done so 3 times in 2 months.

i filed my intent to relocate info last week and had him served. we are moving to florida where my fiance is in the air force. he then called his son's mother and informed her he was going to go and take her from day care before i got off work!

in my opinion its a threat of abduction. can i file a restraining order? im worried he will go to her day care and try to abduct her. they are informed and know she is not to go with him. advice?
You may have a problem. I can understand why you didn't want your child to go to a home where a registered sex offender lives, but you did deny dad the right to reasonable visitation with the child.

On top of that, depending on how your orders read its possible that the daycare doesn't have the legal right to deny him the right to pick up the child.

Now you are trying to relocate, and that makes your situation even more complicated.

You need an attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I agree wtih LDij.

Unless there is a restraining order against dad protecting the child, the day care HAS to let dad take the child or they would get in trouble for interference with parental rights. You cannot tell the daycare not to allow dad to pick up the child. Even if it is not "dad's time" per the court order. That would be a contempt of court issue and not a kidnapping issue.

You also have the issue that you are trying to relocate with your FIANCE! YOu are not even married. If dad has been trying to play a role in his child's life and you have denied him, look for the court to refuse to allow the child to relocate with you. So you very well may have to make a choice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">