• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Husband is verbally and mentally abusive to his childre

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suezay1117

PA. My children are 15 and 17 years of age, my ex husband and i have been seperated/divorced for almost 6 years and my ex husband has taken me leaving him out on my children ever since. His anger has gotten worse to the point that my daughter, 17, refuses to go with her father because during their last visitation together, my ex told my daughter FU&* You, FU&* You because she was reading a book in the car on the wya down to his home for visitation and he felt she was ignoring him. He turned the car around and brought them back home, where she asked him why and he told her she was ignoring him, he then proceeded to tell her to get a new dad. During my sons visitation last evening my ex told him that he prays every night that I will die and wishes during a time in my life where i was experiencing seizures I would have just died from them. He then proceeded to tell my son that he was fighting for full custody of my son because I am a unfit mother. My ex spent 45 minutes making my son cry in the car, speaking ill of me, and being nasty to my son. What can be done, this is almost 6 years and getting worse by the day to the point neither of my children want to be around him. he is never happy always yelling at them, cursing at them. My exes girlfriend and him fight about my kids when they are in his visiations, my exes excuse is because his girlfriend is jelous of my kids, my children feel unwanted, unloved and they resent my ex husband. What can be done? I have asked my attorney and received no support. Who do I turn to make this end?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

PA. My children are 15 and 17 years of age, my ex husband and i have been seperated/divorced for almost 6 years and my ex husband has taken me leaving him out on my children ever since. His anger has gotten worse to the point that my daughter, 17, refuses to go with her father because during their last visitation together, my ex told my daughter FU&* You, FU&* You because she was reading a book in the car on the wya down to his home for visitation and he felt she was ignoring him. He turned the car around and brought them back home, where she asked him why and he told her she was ignoring him, he then proceeded to tell her to get a new dad. During my sons visitation last evening my ex told him that he prays every night that I will die and wishes during a time in my life where i was experiencing seizures I would have just died from them. He then proceeded to tell my son that he was fighting for full custody of my son because I am a unfit mother. My ex spent 45 minutes making my son cry in the car, speaking ill of me, and being nasty to my son. What can be done, this is almost 6 years and getting worse by the day to the point neither of my children want to be around him. he is never happy always yelling at them, cursing at them. My exes girlfriend and him fight about my kids when they are in his visiations, my exes excuse is because his girlfriend is jelous of my kids, my children feel unwanted, unloved and they resent my ex husband. What can be done? I have asked my attorney and received no support. Who do I turn to make this end?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The first thing that you need to do, is to get both of them in counseling to help them cope with dealing with their father and things at their father's house.

The problem is not your daughter, because when she turns 18 it will be her choice whether or not to see her father. Your problem is your son. He won't get to choose until he is 18, unless it can be demonstrated to the judge that he is being harmed by spending time at his father's home or with his father. The counselor not only can help your kids, but can also testify as an expert witness to what is going on when they are with dad.

suezay1117

Thank you

I have tried to get the custody modifed and am still awaiting a date to readdress the issues. My daughter who will be 18 on April 12, has declined to go with her father already, she refuses to go. My children and my ex were all in counseling before, on numerous occasions, however I will have them both start going to counseling again, I just want this all to stop for the childrens sake, no child should hate their father this much and no father should put this much unnecessary stress on his children.

suezay1117

Pfa

Do you think it is a good idea that my son fle a PFA on his own behalf as he is fearful of his dad and the verbal and menatal abuse? Is he old enough to do so? he is 15?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Do you think it is a good idea that my son fle a PFA on his own behalf if he is fearful of his dad due to verbal and menatal abuse? Is he old enough to do so? he is 15?
ahem. you already asked this question here.

get your son into counseling as you were ALREADY told. the counselor is a mandated reporter. if he/she sees something wrong, they'll report it. you can also speak to the counselor about your concerns. they can look into the matter. do not make your son file a police report on his own father. you are making the situation worse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">