• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-husband's nasty comments about new husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkohler08

NJ

I dont know if this is the right forum, but I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction.

I've been divorced for 3 years and share 50/50 custoday and visitation with my ex. We have 3 children ages 11, 16 and 21. I just got remarried a few weeks ago. My ex does not like my new husband because he thinks that he broke up our marriage. He didn't break up our marriage, but he's taking the heat for it anyway. My ex-husband repeatedly tells our children that he doesn't want them to be around him because he's not a good person and that when they are with my new husband it makes him sad and breaks his heart. I keep trying to point out to my ex that it is wrong for him to make them feel bad about being with us and he keeps telling me he has no problem letting our children know his dissaproval of this guy.

Does anyone know of a resource or document that I can show him to prove to him that this is detrimental to our kids and why?

tandkchoate

I don't know of any documents or legal resources that you can really use, and I don't know that even if there were it would do any good. If he has a bad attitude, no matter waht you do, it's nt going to improve because YOU wante it to-- I have been remarried 4 years (my ex remarried 3 months after our divorce, and that was , 7 years ago) and even though he was supposedly "happily" remarried (and it was HE that had an affair and broke up our marriage) he did nothing but cause grief and upset when I got remarried-- he was so obnoxious that he was even asked to leave a baseball game our son was playng at (because of his aggressive, verbally abusive behavior)-- and at one point I took him to court-- the judge ordered him to counseling and anger management, and it did NO good-- he had to complete the counseling and the anger management if he wanted to keep his visitation rights with our son, so he DID complete them, but he didn't get anything out of taking them, even when they were court ordered-- he is still nasty, bitter, and very accusatory toward my current husband (who loves our son like his own, coaches sports for him and is here every night for homework, all events, etc-- when his own father is absent for most of those things) rather than being thankful or glad that our son has a loving stepfather that treats him well, he is just the opposite -- so even if there is legal recourse for you, unless the guy sees the error of his ways-- it ain't gonna change-- good luck to you-- and thankfully your children are not very small children, and they can see for themselves what is going on, and you won't have to put up with it for very many years.

jkohler08

Thanks. He's already been through 2 court-ordered anger management programs, and both have failed miserably. I know he loves his kids and he is very involved in their lives which is why I keep looking for a way to make him understand that his actions are only hurting them. I'm trying to get my youngest into counceling because all of this is having such a negative effect on him. Maybe that will help my ex to understand that it's more than just me or my new husband that he's hurting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">