• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-inmate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrswrangle

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
I have a ex husband who just got out of prison for statitory rape. We have a 10 year old boy, I do not want to give visitation to him. When he did see him last he took our son around his mother who also just got out of prison. Is there any law to protect me and my son? :confused:

casa

mrswrangle said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
I have a ex husband who just got out of prison for statitory rape. We have a 10 year old boy, I do not want to give visitation to him. When he did see him last he took our son around his mother who also just got out of prison. Is there any law to protect me and my son? :confused:
The time to file to restrict/deny his visitation was while he was in jail. Now that he is out, it's going to be difficult- You'll have to prove he is a danger to your son. Statutory Rape could mean an almost 18 year old...which isn't 'as' harmful as say- crimes against children or abuse/drug convictions. So, he'll likely get some form of visitation rights.

What was his mother in jail for?

You should really consult a Family Law Attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">