• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex living in motel with children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cheeka

What is the name of your state? Ohio
We are having a problem with the ex just picking up and moving from town to town and not notifying us. We were supposed to have my stepdaughter for Christmas but her mother yanked her out of school for the second time and took off with her a week before Christmas. We found her last week and they are living in a motel. My stepdaughter spent Christmas in a motel with no tree when she could have been here with us in a home. She does not allow the scheduled visitation because she is jealous of me. It has been 3 years since they divorced and my husband has a right to see his daughter. She loves to be here with us. She is only 5. Her other ex-husband is fighting for custody of their 15 year old son. We tried to do this the nice way but it did not work. I have been trying to get an atty for a week now and no one wants to take the case, even though they say we have a great one. We have everything documented. My husband is about to go off. I don't know who else to turn too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are not wanting to take the child from her mother but we have no choice here. She deserves to have a home.

annefan

Please stifle any emotional response you might have to my bluntness and truth:

Cheeka said:
We are having a problem with the ex just picking up and moving from town to town and not notifying us. We were supposed to have my stepdaughter for Christmas but her mother yanked her out of school for the second time and took off with her a week before Christmas.

*** "We"? This is not your place to involve yourself in a matter between the biological parents.

We found her last week and they are living in a motel. My stepdaughter spent Christmas in a motel with no tree when she could have been here with us in a home.

*** Wherever the custodial parent resides is of no concern to you so long as it is not in a cardboard box on the street, and even then, it is of concern to the child's non-custodial parent...not you.

She does not allow the scheduled visitation because she is jealous of me.

*** And for a minute, place yourself in HER shoes. Perhaps you annoy her because you overstep your bounds in matters concerning THEIR child.

It has been 3 years since they divorced and my husband has a right to see his daughter. She loves to be here with us. She is only 5. Her other ex-husband is fighting for custody of their 15 year old son. We tried to do this the nice way but it did not work. I have been trying to get an atty for a week now and no one wants to take the case, even though they say we have a great one.

*** Again, "we" don't have a case, the non-custodial father might. Perhaps you misinterpreted the attorneys' reluctance to represent YOU.

We have everything documented. My husband is about to go off. I don't know who else to turn too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are not wanting to take the child from her mother but we have no choice here. She deserves to have a home.
*** Then your husband should 'go off' and speak to an attorney himself, and without your interference.

kidoday

I agree with Annefan, your husband needs to be the one looking for an attorney. It isn't always easy but he will if he is serious about a change of custody.

Look at this site. It may help you answer some of your questions. http://www.childcustodyissues.com/Ohio-Child-Custody-Laws.html

Also if he has been denied visitation over a period of three years, he should have been filing contempt charges. Numerous contempt charges a long with an unstable environment may be enough change of circumstance to have custody reversed. However, you are starting from scratch right now and must build a case.

Good Luck.

kat1963

>>My husband is about to go off.

Apparently, that is his problem...he just can't stop sharing!!! Didn't anyone tell him he didn't need to populate the world himself? Let's see, 3 with one ex, 1 another, 1 with you. Five children, 3 different women..sheessh, no wonder he's bankrupt!

Listen, if she violated the court order by not allowing holiday visitation & moving without notice, then file a motion to show cause/contempt. Check the local court house website, most have the forms on line. If not, they are usually available at the court house, or copies at the local law library.

Most states have free or low cost vasectomies available. Health insurance usually covers most if not all. In addition, health insurance costs are sometimes lowered when there is a newborn waiver.

KAT

nextwife

"Apparently, that is his problem...he just can't stop sharing!!! Didn't anyone tell him he didn't need to populate the world himself? Let's see, 3 with one ex, 1 another, 1 with you. Five children, 3 different women..sheessh, no wonder he's bankrupt!"

FYI, second wives have the same right to become moms that the DH's ex did. Just because some second wives maybe waited to procreate until they were settled and married, does not diminish their right to also have a kid if they want.

kat1963

You know Next, I'm all for second family rights as the *next* person as I AM ONE. And shucks, everyone here knows I'm for the NCP's right. However, this is not a second family, this a third this man is creating. He can't even afford the first one! I do not & never will understand is how some people continue to procreate when they can NOT EXTREMELY afford to do so without compromising everyone and every situation involved. Let’s face it, the reason the lawyers aren’t jumping at the chance to represent this father is because he is recently bankrupt & has no way to raise the money for a custody battle. They want a freebie!!! Poor US *sniffle*. You know as well as I do, at least one if not both of those mommies is on welfare. I bet you dollars to donuts the poster is on the rolls as well. That coupled with their recent bankruptcy, guess what??? I’m SICK & TIRED OF PAYING TAX MONEY TO SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO CANT KEEP THEIR FREAKING LEGS CLOSED. If he didn’t share all he is about with every woman who ever looked at him, if he for one second reviewed his finances & said, DAMN, I better not have any more kids (unless I get an education, a better paying job, a handle on things or a CLUE!!), they are EXPENSIVE, then there wouldn’t be kids on welfare or people/companies out of money now would there? It’s just common sense; it’s called being a responsible ADULT. We aren't just talking ONE, we are talking SEVERAL CHILDREN. Children who learn by their environment & experience...such a good example here huh?

Hell in a handbag, there comes a time where being a reasonable, responsible second family comes in & being a stupid procreating idiot sob takes over.

No disrespect Next…more like just venting.

KAT

C

Cheeka

To Kat and Anne

First off Kat, I am not sure where you got your info but my husband does not have 3 other children and we have not filed bancruptcy. I don't know who you think you are coming onto a site like this and being so rude and inaccurate as well. As far as me being out of the picture, I just want to say that when my hubby goes to work, who takes care of THEIR child. I DO! Everything in his life affects mine and our family. His ex can't seem to hold a job or a home. Do you really think this is a good environment for a child? As for the welfare part, I don't agree with women abusing the system in such a manner. I too pay taxes to support those women and children. We have the money to pay for the attorney, that is not an issue with us. You seem to know an awful lot of wrong info about me when my entry seemed to say NOTHING of the things you are saying. I don't appreciate being attacked in that way. That is not what this board is meant for. You need to get a grip and know who you are talking about before you go off half cocked.

C

Cheeka

one more thing....

NO ONE has the right to tell me or my husband how many children we should have. If and when we decided to have a child together it is of no concern to anyone else. We both work and pay taxes. WE pay child support and take care of our home. It seems to me that someone has mistaken me for another person. I am a hard working woman who loves her husband and we don't ask for handouts. Our tax dollars are just as important as yours. Can you explain the tax structure to me since you seem to know so much about it? Also you said that you were a "second family" as well, did anyone tell you or your husband that you should keep your legs closed? How many seconds families are YOU working on? People tend to give advice to others without properly knowing what is going on. Make sure you give the right response to the right question. NONE of those things you said to me were in my post, do you always make things up to make you seem higher than most or is this just a hobby of yours?

I will not be taking anymore time on this board. I need info not accusation. People need to give advice on legal matters not opinions on life manangemet.

Whyte Noise

Cheeka

Here is where she got the bankruptcy information from... a post you made in October in the Consumer Bankruptcy forum...

Cheeka

ripped off by att...
We are filing bancruptcy and paid our attny in full at the beginning of June. He has cashed our check, but has made no attempt to file our suit. We have tried to contact him several times, only to be told he is not in. He never returns our calls. We have filed a grevience with the state board and are now wanting to file a small claims suit against him. Do we have a chance of winning? This is a total injustice. To think this man is an attny.

10-22-2003 08:50 PM

C

Cheeka

thank you

Thank you for clearing that up for me. We have not filed for bankruptcy and even if we had....that does not give anyone one the right to judge my financial situation. How do they know that I was not asking for a family member or friend. They do not. My sister did not want to make that post herself, she does not like to use these boards or chats. But, I really don't need to explain that to anyone now do I?!

Again, thanks for clearing that up for me.

M

mikesonlyangel

kat1963 said:
You know Next, I'm all for second family rights as the *next* person as I AM ONE. And shucks, everyone here knows I'm for the NCP's right. However, this is not a second family, this a third this man is creating. He can't even afford the first one! I do not & never will understand is how some people continue to procreate when they can NOT EXTREMELY afford to do so without compromising everyone and every situation involved. Let’s face it, the reason the lawyers aren’t jumping at the chance to represent this father is because he is recently bankrupt & has no way to raise the money for a custody battle. They want a freebie!!! Poor US *sniffle*. You know as well as I do, at least one if not both of those mommies is on welfare. I bet you dollars to donuts the poster is on the rolls as well. That coupled with their recent bankruptcy, guess what??? I’m SICK & TIRED OF PAYING TAX MONEY TO SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO CANT KEEP THEIR FREAKING LEGS CLOSED. If he didn’t share all he is about with every woman who ever looked at him, if he for one second reviewed his finances & said, DAMN, I better not have any more kids (unless I get an education, a better paying job, a handle on things or a CLUE!!), they are EXPENSIVE, then there wouldn’t be kids on welfare or people/companies out of money now would there? It’s just common sense; it’s called being a responsible ADULT. We aren't just talking ONE, we are talking SEVERAL CHILDREN. Children who learn by their environment & experience...such a good example here huh?

Hell in a handbag, there comes a time where being a reasonable, responsible second family comes in & being a stupid procreating idiot sob takes over.

No disrespect Next…more like just venting.

KAT
Could we please be a little more civil, none of us are gods, and anybody remember the golden rule, or has it been changed to be hateful to all and who cares how they feel?!

misslawli

here is the other.

Cheeka

child custody
What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN
My husband's exwife took their 3 boys( not really sure if the first one is his) and moved out of state without notification to my hubby. He was sending support payments only to be returned. She did not let him know where they had moved. We have heard from people that she has lived in 4 different states since then. Now she is asking hubby to "be a father" to 3 boys he hasn't seen in 7 years. He doesn't know these boys and has disconnected himself because of heartache. He wants to sign over parental rights, would there be a problem with that? There is no standing order for child support either.

I would say a good 95% of the people on this forum DO research members other posts. that way they know the whole story. Looks like EVERYTHING that kat1963 posted is right there for us all to see. If your posting for some one else say so. Makes it much easier to give advice.

C

Cheeka

not my post

not really sure where that post came from but it was not from here. My husband has no other children. I have had problems with his ex getting into our things. She has no life and is trying to screw ours up. So don't believe everything that you read. You never know who is really posting. I will be changing passwords on all once again.

To judge others is to judge oneself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">