• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex not attending custody meetings (PA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chevrongirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My step daughters Mom has refused to confirm a time for mediation several times and we have no come to the time of the scheduled conciliation Moday. We just found out that she refused to sign for the hearing notice and are assuming she is not going to show up for that either. If she doesn't show up for the conciliation, are we able to still go before a judge? What would most likely be the next step?

Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My step daughters Mom has refused to confirm a time for mediation several times and we have no come to the time of the scheduled conciliation Moday. We just found out that she refused to sign for the hearing notice and are assuming she is not going to show up for that either. If she doesn't show up for the conciliation, are we able to still go before a judge? What would most likely be the next step?

Thanks!
What the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks are you doing attending mediation?!? :eek::eek:

WE aren't able to do anything. Not your circus, not your monkeys.

chevrongirl

Lol! Good point, to clarify I am not attending anything! My husband has never attended mediation (this go round) because she refused to confirm. I'm just trying to do some research for him (since I have a desk job) to see what he's in for on Monday. I'm also curious what will happen (if anything) when he gets to conciliation having not been through mediation. The issue at hand is what school district she will attend and registration starts in our district at the end of the month, so trying to gauge an approximate timeline.

Last edited:

Silverplum

Lol! I am not attending anything, no sense in stirring the pot more! My husband has never attended mediation (this go round) because she refused to confirm. I'm just trying to do some research to see what we're in for after Monday. I'm also curious what will happen (if anything) when he gets to conciliation having not been through mediation.
We prefer to deal directly with a parent. Stepparents tend to insert themselves into their spouse's legal business: when we deal with a stepparent instead of the parent, it wrongly encourages the stepparent to believe they do have a say/issue/place at the legal table.

chevrongirl

We prefer to deal directly with a parent. Stepparents tend to insert themselves into their spouse's legal business: when we deal with a stepparent instead of the parent, it wrongly encourages the stepparent to believe they do have a say/issue/place at the legal table.
Understood :) I thought since this was more a procedural question rather than advice that might be okay, but I'll keep googling. I just can't find an answer for him anywhere of what happens if steps are skipped in the PA process.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Funny. She has only three posts but has posted here before. I remember her. I am going to say she is a THREAD DELETER. And maybe was even banned at some point. I know the username.

chevrongirl

Funny. She has only three posts but has posted here before. I remember her. I am going to say she is a THREAD DELETER. And maybe was even banned at some point. I know the username.
Nope, I just found the site today when I was googling the question. Couldn't use any of my normal user names as his ex likes to google us both frequently.

Thanks for the suggestion stealth2, if I still can't find anything I guess I'll have him register to ask the question once the little one is in bed.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Nope, I just found the site today when I was googling the question. Couldn't use any of my normal user names as his ex likes to google us both frequently.

Thanks for the suggestion stealth2, if I still can't find anything I guess I'll have him register to ask the question once the little one is in bed.
If it's important to *him*, *he* will find a way to get answers. Really.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">