• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Parte Order and Motion to compel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliceholders

Fl

My attorney and I have just filed an ex parte order and motion to compel on my child's Father, possibly giving him ten more days to file answer. He was served on May 30th and have failed to file his answers. He is now over 45 days late. He did hire an attorney.

I have a couple of quesitons.

1. If he doesn't file within 10 days, what is the next step?
2. Is if normal for attorneys to use stall tactics in custody cases?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Fl

My attorney and I have just filed an ex parte order and motion to compel on my child's Father, possibly giving him ten more days to file answer. He was served on May 30th and have failed to file his answers. He is now over 45 days late. He did hire an attorney.

I have a couple of quesitons.

1. If he doesn't file within 10 days, what is the next step?
2. Is if normal for attorneys to use stall tactics in custody cases?
Ask your attorney. No seriously. Ask your attorney. He knows YOUR case and can tell you the local climates of the court as well as may know opposing counsel.

aliceholders

Ask your attorney. No seriously. Ask your attorney. He knows YOUR case and can tell you the local climates of the court as well as may know opposing counsel.
I am not asking about details of the case. I am asking what is the normal case process.

It cost money to call and ask him quesiton. Single mom here. Trying to learn what I can without having to pay an arm and leg.

If you do not want to share the knowledge you have about the quesitons I posted, then fine, but do not turn into a smart behind and just be rude.

tuffbrk

I am not asking about details of the case. I am asking what is the normal case process.

It cost money to call and ask him quesiton. Single mom here. Trying to learn what I can without having to pay an arm and leg.

If you do not want to share the knowledge you have about the quesitons I posted, then fine, but do not turn into a smart behind and just be rude.
You came to this forum to request Free Advice. You receive Free Advice from a well qualified attorney and this is your response?! Let me spell it out for you more clearly as you apparently are on the slow side.

Ask. Your. Attorney. They. Will. Know. The. Local. Climate. In. Your. Area. No one. Here. Will. Know. The. Local. Climate. Better. Than. Your. Local. Attorney.

aliceholders

You came to this forum to request Free Advice. You receive Free Advice from a well qualified attorney and this is your response?! Let me spell it out for you more clearly as you apparently are on the slow side.

Ask. Your. Attorney. They. Will. Know. The. Local. Climate. In. Your. Area. No one. Here. Will. Know. The. Local. Climate. Better. Than. Your. Local. Attorney.

Thanks. for. telling. me. what. I. already. know. I. know. that. I. can. ask. my. attorney. but. Like. I already. said. It. costs. money. That is why I came here. FREE ADVICE.

you guys are a bunch of rude losers and get a thrill out of staying on the computer all day digging into peeoples post just to see what you can say negative about it. Thanks for no help.

This should be called "FREE IDIOTS ONINE WAITING TO JUMPT ON YOUR WORDS" not "FREE ADVICE"

as a retired attorney...shouldnt you be enjoyig the world? Not stuck inside on a computer.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Rude? Are you kidding me? How about this answer: No attorney would EVER try to stall a case and no judge would EVER let someone go beyond the extra time granted for ANY reason.

OR

ALL attorneys ALWAYS try to stall custody cases AND all judges ALWAYS let someone beyond the extra time granted because, don't you know, deadlines are just figments of your imagination.

I don't know what YOUR judge will do. I also don't know opposing counsel. Maybe opposing counsel always does this. Maybe he only requests time when absolutely necessarily. Maybe he is a jerk (sorta like you are coming across) or maybe he is easy to work with (NOT like you are coming across). Maybe the judge is a stickler for the rules. Maybe he isn't.
NO ONE HERE KNOWS.

Which brings us back to ASK YOUR ATTORNEY!

Silverplum

Thanks. for. telling. me. what. I. already. know. I. know. that. I. can. ask. my. attorney. but. Like. I already. said. It. costs. money. That is why I came here. FREE ADVICE.

you guys are a bunch of rude losers and get a thrill out of staying on the computer all day digging into peeoples post just to see what you can say negative about it. Thanks for no help.

This should be called "FREE IDIOTS ONINE WAITING TO JUMPT ON YOUR WORDS" not "FREE ADVICE"

as a retired attorney...shouldnt you be enjoyig the world? Not stuck inside on a computer.
Alrighty, then.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Keep showing your stupidity. A bit arrogant aren't you? I am a practicing attorney. Tuffbrk isn't an attorney at all. Should I continue? Try to learn to spell. Try to learn to be a bit polite. May dad get full custody and you get prison time. How's that for legal advice?

aliceholders

Thank you Ohiogal for attempting to answer what I asked. Thats all I was looking for. I have never been in court. I had to look up what "ex parte" even meant.

I am just trying to learn.

I'm going to learn how to spell now. :D

Have a lovely day in your pc world.

tuffbrk

Thank you Ohiogal for attempting to answer what I asked. Thats all I was looking for. I have never been in court. I had to look up what "ex parte" even meant.

I am just trying to learn.

I'm going to learn how to spell now. :D

Have a lovely day in your pc world.
It is easier to learn from others when you do not alienate others by being rude. You should have and could have simply asked for clarification! Good luck to you though.

aliceholders

So...from my understanding this "ex parte & motion to compel" is just a motion to force his to file his answers? Right?

From what I am reading the motion to compel is what forces someone to provide documents. What exactly does the ex parte have to do with his?

Silverplum

I seem to have missed the apology portion of the thread.

So...from my understanding this "ex parte & motion to compel" is just a motion to force his to file his answers? Right?

From what I am reading the motion to compel is what forces someone to provide documents. What exactly does the ex parte have to do with his?
:rolleyes:

Have a lonely day in your pc world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">