• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Parte Temporary Custody Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

simpsongal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

My ex husband has just filed to have my kids taken away from me. But here's the situation... I was remarried to a man who ended up being abusive! We were married for 3 years when I decided to try to get out. I had a bag packed and was about to walk out when he caught me and flipped out. He started pushing me and I fought back so I could hurry and get my kids out! Well, he called and had me arrested for domestic violence! Well, the next day I had everything moved out and into my mom's house. I am currently trying to get a job (I'm a nurse) so I can move me and my kids out on our own! But, one week later, I get the surprise of my life when the deputy comes to get my kids!! My mom is a nurse and my stepdad is a cop, their home is most definitely safe for my children and I, and I have moved out of my previous abusive situation! So, how is this possible? And can I get them back???? Where do I start??? Please, someone help me! I need my kids back!

Proserpina

My ex husband has just filed to have my kids taken away from me. But here's the situation... I was remarried to a man who ended up being abusive! We were married for 3 years when I decided to try to get out. I had a bag packed and was about to walk out when he caught me and flipped out. He started pushing me and I fought back so I could hurry and get my kids out! Well, he called and had me arrested for domestic violence! Well, the next day I had everything moved out and into my mom's house. I am currently trying to get a job (I'm a nurse) so I can move me and my kids out on our own! But, one week later, I get the surprise of my life when the deputy comes to get my kids!! My mom is a nurse and my stepdad is a cop, their home is most definitely safe for my children and I, and I have moved out of my previous abusive situation! So, how is this possible? And can I get them back???? Where do I start??? Please, someone help me! I need my kids back!

You NEED an attorney.

How long ago did you get arrested?

Does the Father not have the right to protect the children? Is this a recent situation? If it is do you not understand the fathers concern of this abusive person trying to get back at you? That is not to say he will, but if this man hit you and had you arrested in front of your children, what other lengths will he go to now that you are separated?

You need to work on your current situation, get it under control, divorce this abusive man and then show the court you are in a safe situation and should be awarded your kids back.

Oh yeah and get a lawyer ASAP to help you in both your arrest if you are being charged, your pending divorce, and to help you get your kids back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">