• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex parte and/or temporary custody orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Georgia

are they basically the same? i believe that i recieved temporary custody via ex parte. we had a hearing about a month after the orders were issued but there was no issue of any other temporary custody order and no expiration on the order..it says "that a final hearing in this matter has not been set, but should take place during the calendar year 2005" and "it is further order that all of the above issues shall continue in full force and effect until further order of the court. All other issues shall be reserved for dispostion at a final hearing." doesn't this mean i still have temp custody with STBX still having supervised visitation? thanks.

casa

Cindergretta said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

are they basically the same? i believe that i recieved temporary custody via ex parte. we had a hearing about a month after the orders were issued but there was no issue of any other temporary custody order and no expiration on the order..it says "that a final hearing in this matter has not been set, but should take place during the calendar year 2005" and "it is further order that all of the above issues shall continue in full force and effect until further order of the court. All other issues shall be reserved for dispostion at a final hearing." doesn't this mean i still have temp custody with STBX still having supervised visitation? thanks.
whatever is on the "last registered court order" will be maintained & in order until the next hearing. (Whether it be a status conference or case management conference or hearing). ie; whatever the most recent order- signed by a judge- will be enforced and followed pending the next court date.

well we did have a status hearing, but i don't have any other order than the one i have, so does that mean that my temp. order is still in place?

casa

Cindergretta said:
well we did have a status hearing, but i don't have any other order than the one i have, so does that mean that my temp. order is still in place?
If that's the latest court order (in effect) then Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">