• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Threatening Restraining Order Against Wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ohman

What on earth is this woman thinking!

My ex hates my wife so much and me for that matter that she is willing to destroy our son without thinking of the consequences.

Can she get a restraining order against my wife. And on what grounds I would like to know. Make something up the ex says!

So, what in turn I get a restraining order against her husband because I don't like him?

What good would that do my son. What good is any of this doing my son.

Please read other post by me posted earlier.

What the crap do I do now?

Thanks,
Jon

tigger22472

I know a situation much like this now, only difference is there is a reason for one. Bio-dad and step-dad have restraining orders against each other. Step-dad has reason for his, bio-dad lied to get his. The bio-dad tried to stop step-dad from even being around the child. He was told that there was no abuse and there was nothing he could do to stop the relationship between step-parent and child and was harshly told so. So yes, the ex can get a restraining order on your wife but she can't even stop her from picking the child up at ex's house.

O

ohman

the order is not just my ex against my wife, but she threatens as well as my son having one against my wife as well. this would mean i would never see my son again. can he get one, or my ex on his behalf?

this is stupid and makes no sense at all.

let me tell you guys something here, my wife and i are devoute Christians, who serve the Lord as He says to do. My wife teaches two Bible Classes at church, sings in the choir, sings solos, drives the church van, works in the kitchen, is co director of the WMU. I, assist with the church van, am on the grounds committee and various other committees.

my ex told me that I could not talk about God with our son, that we could not pray with him or for him. Well to bad so sad, it is my right to do so and I do so.

My ex is so resentfull of my happiness that she is willing to do anything and everything to destroy my relationship with my son, his relationship with my wife. She has 3 children of her own, a grandmother and another grandchild on the way. I think that I have enough proof to prove my wifes sound character in court of law.

the question here is which court of law? ID? Ar? OK? or Fl?

This is not good for my son, and perhaps i should just back off and let the ex ramp and rave and keep doing her evilness and let the cards fall where they fall.

this is just stupid.

jon

haiku

i still do not understand what AR has to do with ANY of this if no one lives or has ever lived there, but that is another post. she has to file a restraining order in the county she LIVES in.

i once had to get a restraining order against my ex when he would not stop harrassing me, phone calls and letters were never ending, and they were of the 'if I cant have you no one can have you" variety. Initially the judge was not going to grant my order, because the phonecalls werent proveable and my ex put on a good show of just being "concerned" with our child in court. but then I produced his handwritten letters which were rather weird, and he could not deny them. The judge gave me my order, BUT my ex was still allowed his vists. (which was fine by me of course)

To fight this you and wife MUST defend the accusations!

if she cant prove your wife is harrassing her, and you can CALMLY and RATIONALLY explain your side, she will NOT get the order, and it could possibly build YOU a case for custody.

O

ohman

if she cant prove your wife is harrassing her, and you can CALMLY and RATIONALLY explain your side, she will NOT get the order, and it could possibly build YOU a case for custody.

my response:

we will fight it alright and we can prove that wife is not a threat to my son or my ex for that matter.

it's just a jealous ex wife trying to keep the control that she is loosing over me and my son. but it don't make it any easier.

as far as ar goes. a cp can have any state in the usa collect the cs and the cp can live where they want to. so long as the original order is being enforced that is all that matters to the courts. this information via both the states of ok and ar as well as the state of fl.

i do not have to consent, which i didn't for ar to do anything. but they are still collecting. and in the long run that will be better on me because the cs is being paid and that is one thing the ex can't get me on and she knows it.

thanks
jon

O

ohman

does anyone know if my ex can force my son to get a restraining order against my wife, can she do so on his behalf? this would certainly keep my son from ever coming to see me is she can succeed in doing so.

jealousy is a horrible thing i think!

anyone know?

Jon

Okay, I know this is old but I'm going to respond anyway because it looks like you didn't get any answers with this particular thread...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I believe all she can do is file for an emergency restraining order. This is basically done because of whatever she says. An attoney or whatever will explain her "story" to a judge without your presence and a judge most likely will grant it

HOWEVER, this is only in effect until the subsequent court date which happens very quickly, usually a couple of days, or a week. You then have the opportunity to prove the order isn't needed. Which I am sure you can easily do, then it is thrown out. Your son cannot do it himself. She would have to do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">