• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex wants to go back to court because I won't meet him half way to pick up our son.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Here is osmething to ponder perhaps....

I am the custodial parent and moved away.....I decided to receive permission from the father BEFORE I remarried to someone in the military and have the children's father's blessing so to speak....I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be int he boat of not being allowed to relocate myself with the children to be with my new husband.

We have been happily remarried for 4 years (he was married before as well and has children from that marriage and he is ncp).

The transportation cost, which I figured would be my responsiblity were ordered by the judge to be slpit 50/50.....I was shocked!!! They are also ordered to be split 50/50 by husband and his ex wife too. Now mind you we both are the moving party....

The reason in both cases....The judge felt the the other parent benefited finacially by my husband being in the military...you see my children are covered medically at NO cost to my ex husband....he nolonger has to pay 1/2 of their medial insurance premium, co pays, or perscriptions. In my husbands case his children are also covered under his medical insurance and the judge said that his ex wife benefit from that finacially.....so in both cases the judge ordered that transportation be split 50/50.....

Just food for thought

MominNJ

Re

Until court orders get changed, you both have to go by what is already there. It appears that you are not in agreement with meeting him halfway and since it is he, who wants it to change, it is he who has to motion the court.
If you are wondering what may happen should he do that, you can just read all these posts and know that nothing is written in stone. It all depends on individual situations.
I am the CP. I moved appx. 40 mins. (30 miles) within the state. My ex had a fit. And told me to meet him halfway. Being that there are no rest stops between where he lives and where I live this would mean pulling off at a toll on the Garden State Pkwy. This was a great idea to him. I felt it was dangerous and stupid.
When we went to court, the judge thought he was an idiot. And told him he had to come to my home to pick her up. But then the ex decides, he doesn't want to come to my home, he wants to do the exchange in the police dept in my town. What a great idea. I'll bet she'd have some fond memories of those exchanges. (rolling my eyes)
My point is, the judge will rule on whatever makes sense. and if either of you are just trying to give each other a hard time, or just being unreasonable, it won't matter who moved.
If you are saying that he won't pick the child up, unless you drive halfway, he's going to look really dumb.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">