• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-wife keeping daughters from me and telling them lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shaloy

What is the name of your state? california
My ex-wife is no longer letting me seee my two teenage daughters.. they were supposed to have left to go spend the summer with my mother , thier grandmother in tenn. my ex wife refused to let them go at the last minute, the very day of the trip........she is telling my daughters lies and stories .... they can not even call or write to me or my family......... i would like to take my ex back to court and file for joint custody and for visitation that is set by the courts ,,,, i want equal time with my daughters.. i have proof that my ex-wife is being unreasonable and unfair.... what forms do i need to have and how do i go about getiing joint custody and set visitation............this is putting my daughters at risk what do i do

LdiJ

shaloy said:
What is the name of your state? california
My ex-wife is no longer letting me seee my two teenage daughters.. they were supposed to have left to go spend the summer with my mother , thier grandmother in tenn. my ex wife refused to let them go at the last minute, the very day of the trip........she is telling my daughters lies and stories .... they can not even call or write to me or my family......... i would like to take my ex back to court and file for joint custody and for visitation that is set by the courts ,,,, i want equal time with my daughters.. i have proof that my ex-wife is being unreasonable and unfair.... what forms do i need to have and how do i go about getiing joint custody and set visitation............this is putting my daughters at risk what do i do
You do realize of course that your ex-wife has no legal obligation to send your daughters to your mother's home for the summer? Even with visitation orders in place for you she would have no legal obligation to do that.

Also, if your daughters are teenagers they may get some say regarding the frequency and duration of visitation....particularly if there has never been a set schedule in the past.

Its unreasonable to expect "equal time" unless you live in the same community as your daughters. Even then, unless that is what the kids also want it may not be realistically possible.

shaloy

the visitation is up to the sole discrection of the mother this was in the orginal divorce decree back in 1996 i never fought her because at the time i thought it was easyier on the kids when i would fight back she would dissappear with the girls and all of a sudden i would get a call from her months later beacuse she had checked into a rehab in another state.......... at her discrection is no good enough anymore my kids and i want to see each other on a regular basis.. i only want what is fair with set times and joint custody.............my ex-wife is making things up and lying... i have proof........

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then you file for a set visitation schedule. That still won't mean she has to send the kids to grandma's for the summer.

rmet4nzkx

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/forms.cgi
Also contact the Family Law Facilitator's office in the Superior court with jurisdiction.

You have more issues than visitaiton, you have not told us the whole story if you dont even have joint legal custody and she repeatedly checks into rehab, why don't you have joint custody and visitaiton?

shaloy

they children go to see the grandparents every other year and this has been the case for the last several years... i did get to talk to them once since last week and i told them i would take thier mom back to court for equal or lets say within reason visitation or shall we say a set one.... they do not want to go through the emoitional bull**** that my ex- puts them through at these times my ex tells them if she lets them go with me or their gramdmother that i will stop paying child support......this is not true the only time i did not pay was when i was injuryed in a crane accident two almost three years ago... i was put onto dissability but i have since went back to work and i am current with support..........i only want what is best for my kids i do not want them to be pulled apart i just want what is best...............she makes things up in her head and really thinks that things happened that did not my ex-wife is manic depressive

LdiJ

shaloy said:
they children go to see the grandparents every other year and this has been the case for the last several years... i did get to talk to them once since last week and i told them i would take thier mom back to court for equal or lets say within reason visitation or shall we say a set one.... they do not want to go through the emoitional bull**** that my ex- puts them through at these times my ex tells them if she lets them go with me or their gramdmother that i will stop paying child support......this is not true the only time i did not pay was when i was injuryed in a crane accident two almost three years ago... i was put onto dissability but i have since went back to work and i am current with support..........i only want what is best for my kids i do not want them to be pulled apart i just want what is best...............she makes things up in her head and really thinks that things happened that did not my ex-wife is manic depressive
Again, that still doesn't make mom obligated to send them to the grandparent's home for the summer.

It really was a mistake to discuss any legal issues with your children. Judges most seriously frown on that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">