• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-wife wants new wife's info for custody case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Viola123

What is the name of your state? Virginia & Arkansas
I am a newlywed. My first marriage but my husband's second. He has a child from the first marriage who lives with his mother. The child's mother has never let my husband have his court ordered visitation. The only time she lets him see his son is for a few hours at a time with her in attendance. He has traveled to her new home state, at a great cost to him, and she will not let the child out of her sight to spend one-on-one time with his father. After almost three years of this, my new husband has had enough and is taking her back to court because she is in contempt of court not allowing him visitation. She has counter sued saying he has never really tried. She is trying to drag me into it and her lawyer has sent him a questionnaire to fill out. Some of the questions have to do with me. They have asked for my social security number. I have a hard time giving that to my husband's exx-wife and her lawyer. Do I have to?

Zephyr

you do not have to give your private info out until a judge tells you to.

I hope you guys have gotten a lawyer, this sounds like it could get very messy, why has dad waited 3 years before bringing mom's violation of the court order to the courts attention?

Viola123

We do have an attorney.
We also have letters between his lawyer and her lawyer from previous years where she wouldn't let him have his son.

Zephyr

I don't know why his attorney did not advise him prior to this to pursue the contempt issue, but it's good you have an atorney.

and like I said before if the judge thinks it's necessary to have your private info he has no problem making that known, until then do NOT give in to their requests. that's all they are is requests, you are not legally required to provide her attorney with information.

L

legalcuriosity

Viola123 said:
The child's mother has never let my husband have his court ordered visitation. The only time she lets him see his son is for a few hours at a time with her in attendance. He has traveled to her new home state, at a great cost to him, and she will not let the child out of her sight to spend one-on-one time with his father.
Unless supervised visitation is in the order (which I highly doubt), this is all stuff that should've been addressed each and every time he was denied visitation per the order. The Judge will even ask why he waited this long. Hopefully he kept a detailed log of every date and what happened to try to help his cause.

After almost three years of this, my new husband has had enough and is taking her back to court because she is in contempt of court not allowing him visitation. She has counter sued saying he has never really tried.
Wow...she's a freaking moron, isn't she? That's her countersuit??!! Now, THAT'S funny. Good luck to her proving "he didn't try."

She is trying to drag me into it and her lawyer has sent him a questionnaire to fill out. Some of the questions have to do with me. They have asked for my social security number. I have a hard time giving that to my husband's exx-wife and her lawyer. Do I have to?
No! This does not concern you and they are trying to intimidate you. Information regarding you -- especially personal information -- is none of their business & they're not privvy to it. Just have your husband give it to his lawyer -- blank.

And IF a Judge even says you must provide information, question it and make sure it doesn't violate your constitutional amendments and privacy laws.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">