• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-wifes boyfriend left bruises on my sons butt from spanking him

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Timmeister

my ex-wifes boyfriend has spanked my son in the past, and i have told him to keep his hands off of him. the last spanking he gave my son left bruises on his but for three days. he also flicks him in the head, or pulls his hair when he doesnt listen, he (my son)has also told me that he is scared of him (the boyfriend, i have filed an injunction against the boyfriend, and am going for full custody, i need help please

[Edited by Timmeister on 04-05-2001 at 12:08 AM]

S

SLWard

The Spanking

Hi,
I know in Washington State, I had the same problem with my step kids. Here is what I had to do....

1. When noticed... DOCUMENT & DOCUMENT AGAIN...
2. Pictures are the best evidence in the world especially with a camera that dates the photo's automatically.
3. When your child is at his mother's that is when you MUST make the calls to Child Protective Services..And anyone else you can get to call in allegations too. **Remember you are the Father and if Child Protective's are going to step in... You will be contacted before any kind of State facility or foster home**
4. By reporting it to Child Protective Services, it will be on state records that there was a report made.
5. Tell your lawyer what you are doing and what is going on. If your child is old enough, they may interview him too, if you have to request a "Gaurdian At Litem"(An Attorney that represents the child and the best intrest of the child at all times)

If you need any more support don't hesitate to ask.
I am not a lawyer or case worker, and might be young, but I HAVE been around the block a time or two with the courts and my exboyfriend, my current husband, and ex tooo..

Best wishes and you and your son will be in my Prayers :)

SLWard

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">