• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wifes decision to lower child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

james fowles

We live in Utah. We're not devorced yet, nor have the papers been put into action but my wife feels she needs to continue exploring our future devorce. I am not a fault for anything. She claims she married me out of peer pressure. Well, six years later and three children. She feels being married to me is not what she wants. She is taking steps to make this transition as easy on me as possible, if that really is possible? We're mormon and have been married in the temple. She even claims she may be making a mistake and may come running back. I do love her very much and would take her back in a heartbeat. Because, family, is that important to me. She knows that if she does get re married. Her new husband has made a commitment to her and our children. She also knows that, financially, I will struggle. Especially when I someday, I possibly, re marry and will not be able to own another home without the support of my future wife? We were wondering? If my wife, when and if, the time comes to re marry and has support from a new spouse. Does she have the ability to ask for a lower support from me? To lighten the load on me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">