• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex won't visit children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjanay

What is the name of your state? PA
My ex and I have been divorced for 2 years. We have a court-appointed custody agreement that states he has custody every other weekend and once a week. I want him to see his children, yet he's always too busy. He's seen them once in 3 months. Can the courts force him to carry out his visitation (see his children)? Thank you.

skyy

Unfortunately, no.

But would you really want your children in an environment they're not wanted? If he truly does not want to exercise his time, maybe that is better for the time. I understand it's hard on the children, but the potential pain they might feel being in a room and knowing their father doesn't want to see them might be worse.

Possibly down the line, he'll realize what he's missing.

B

blvngod

I agree. You would not want your children to be with someone who does not want them, even if it is their father.
You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have tried. Perhaps one day he will change his mind. I would keep note for your records of the visits he is supposed to have and the ones he misses. This may prove to be helpful to you one day.
Good Luck

C

cjanay

Doesn't want to See children

thank you so much for your input. He does have his good points, but unfortunately his new life is more important than his children.

J

julie4796

As I was told by the judge that heard my divorce...
"You can force him to pay support... He can force you to follow this visitation guideline, HOWEVER, you cant FORCE him to be a father OR see his kids. If he chooses ot to then it is his loss..."

So to answer you, I dont think you can force him to see them...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">