• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exgirlfriend files false cliam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yardgolf1

My Exgirlfriend filed a child support case agianst me
Nowing that she did not have custidy of our daughter and
our daughter lives in another state
the X lives in N.Y. I live in Fla. our daughter lives
in Mass. and was in the custidy of her grandmother

due to the child support that N.Y. has taken from me
I have lost my house and a car
I finally got a court date in march of 2001 in which
the order of support was terminated yet the state of
N.Y. welfare said that they where going to keep the
arrears of the case due to medical bills from mass.

If there was no child support then how can there
be any arrears and why are'nt they doing anything
About the fruadulent cliam that she maid against me
I thought it was against the law to file a false
claim in court

Please help me

M

morning_angel

Once a mother files for welfare, the state will generally go to whatever means available to recover the money they expend to pay for the child. If she filed a false claim, the state can prosecute her, but if they have recovered money from you, it is unlikely that they would do much about her. You can contact a lawyer to find out if you have any means to recover the money, but more than likely, you don't.

Since you said that NY was recovering the medical bills from Mass, it sounds as though maybe it was the Grandmother who filed for welfare (or medical assistance) and NY couldn't recover the $ from the mother, so they went after you. Also, if the grandmother has legal custody of the child, she can file for support (actually, from both of you).
You may want to talk to an attorney as to how they could keep child support "arrears" if there was no support order.
Not much help, sorry.
Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">