• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exhausted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FranticFurlong

What is the name of your state? Utah

I have a few things going on, so this may be a long post. I had custody of my son until 2001. I was very ill with cancer related health problems, and decided to let my son go live with his father for one year until Id had my operation and was better. My son was 6. His father agreed verbally, which I know means nothing, to give him back after a year. Well at the end of that year, of course he wasnt returned, and his father set forth having him put on medications for ADHD. Which he does not have. I was left out of the testing, and didnt find out about it till 2 months after. I knew he wasnt ADHD, but had no way of enforcing that. His father made it hard to get him in councling, to the point of removing him from the state for a few months. Which the county attneys wanted to press charges, but didnt have the agreement of the entire office. Things have really become crazy over the past 16 months. My son came for summer visit in may of last year. His father has seen him once sense. On the day of my sons grandmothers funeral. That was the end of june, last year. On August 29th his father phoned to inform me he was coming to get him, because I had enroled him in school, as his father was unreachable. I flat told his father he didnt want to be with him, and to call his attorney etc.
Nothing. We have heard absolutly nothing from his father, no birthday cards, no christmas. Its like he fell from the earth.
Now I do have an attorney. However, he filed papers finally this summer, and its still not been served on my sons father. For over 2 months, he has not been served. The reason Im so upset, His father is a deputy sheriff. His own dept hasnt been able to serve him? I feel like Im being lied to severly. By whom, Im not sure. Possably my attorney, but why?
My son is in the middle of phycological testing, as he has been through some serious truama. Hes been diagnosed with Post traumatic Stress Disorder, and they are figuring he is Bi-Polar, manic. The meds his father had him on, were completly wrong. And were misused terribly. I have doctors telling me this constantly.
What rights do I have? How do I go about firing my lawyer, and just doing this myself? I mean its such a clear cut case. Its so simple, yet its been so horrible. Im tired, mentaly and emotionaly. I dont see how a man of the law can get away with just forgetting his child. With not paying child support, and now hes going through a divorce and his wife, hired my attorney. Now hes getting things done for her, but not me. I dont get it.
If anyone has any ideas, Id be happy to hear them.
Thanks.

BL

There are other agencies that can serve the papers.It doesn't have to be " his sheriffs Dept ".

Anyone over the age of 18 and not a party to the action can serve him .

I'd suggest a written request to the lawyer first , Certified return receipt requested , and request the lawyer find a different server , and get things rolling .

You could request the lawyer to step off the case,but if you hired him/her you would owe for the work that was preformed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">