• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ExParte Order Issued, WHY??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TeranceH

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Pro Se here. (Be gentle, please.)
The judge hearing our case ruled that my petition regarding my not permitting an overseas vacation for my son (traveling alone and with neither parent) was not an emergency and the judge went on vacation expecting to deal with it on his return.

My wife's attorney then filed a new petition and the 'covering' judge issued an Ex Parte Order before I had even rec'd a copy of their petition. While there was little truth to their petition, there was nothing in the petition which indicated or suggested my parental rights should be ignored and summarily dismissed. 50-50 custody. They followed up with another petition indicating that if I do not cooperate with the order, i get sent to jail. They constantly petition to have me locked up again without any reason. This terrorizes me.

How out of line was it of me to request an explanation for the ex parte ruling from the judge? and how about doing it a second time after waiting 6 months and not getting a response? Not seeking to antagonize judge's, however I would like to know.

When is it appropriate to ask (albeit carefully) a judge about ex parte rulings and ex parte conversations?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Petition for findings of fact and conclusions of law regarding the ex parte motion. How old is your son?

LdiJ

Son is 17.
And why do you want to deny him a trip outside of the country? Obviously the other parent thinks he should get to go, so one of you is going to get "trampled on". What makes your side more compelling than the other parent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">