• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extended Summer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MissouriMom16

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
My son's father gave me plenty of notice of the dates he would have my son for summer vacation. (He gets thirty days) It ends up being like thirty two since he gets him the fifth weekend in June which is when the 30 days is up. He said it would be 3 Jul to 3 Aug. As normal, his custody starts at 6 pm and ends 6 pm. I said I would meet him at six on Friday and asked if he wanted to meet at the normal place. He 'informed' (not asked) me that he had a 6am flight on Friday and would pick him up from daycare on Thurs. I am off work Friday and had the day planned to spend time with my son because I have never been away from him more than a week. He keeps saying he will pick him up on Thurs. (he assumed that since it started on the third he could pick him up anytime that day or the day before) If he picks him up on Thurs before I can get there what do i do? Is it worth doing anything?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My son's father gave me plenty of notice of the dates he would have my son for summer vacation. (He gets thirty days) It ends up being like thirty two since he gets him the fifth weekend in June which is when the 30 days is up. He said it would be 3 Jul to 3 Aug. As normal, his custody starts at 6 pm and ends 6 pm. I said I would meet him at six on Friday and asked if he wanted to meet at the normal place. He 'informed' (not asked) me that he had a 6am flight on Friday and would pick him up from daycare on Thurs. I am off work Friday and had the day planned to spend time with my son because I have never been away from him more than a week. He keeps saying he will pick him up on Thurs. (he assumed that since it started on the third he could pick him up anytime that day or the day before) If he picks him up on Thurs before I can get there what do i do? Is it worth doing anything?
What, EXACTLY does the order say about when the time starts?

MissouriMom16

It does not say the exact time. That is my fault I mis-read it. Now he is picking him up at 3 am on Friday morning. Nothing I can do now I guess.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It does not say the exact time. That is my fault I mis-read it. Now he is picking him up at 3 am on Friday morning. Nothing I can do now I guess.
Too bad you felt it was better for your child that way. :rolleyes: enjoy your Thursday night.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What I would have done is immediately tried to reschedule my Friday so that I would work and take Thursday off instead. If that wasn't possible, I'd have told Dad that I'd like to have a bit of time with kiddo after daycare, so would bring him to Dad no later than 9pm, fed, bathed and in pj's. And if that was a no-go... I'd suck it up. You have never spend a week away from your child. Dad, apparently, has rarely been able to spend more than that WITH his child. Showing some compassion for his situation may result in some back for yours.

VeronicaLodge

What I would have done is immediately tried to reschedule my Friday so that I would work and take Thursday off instead. If that wasn't possible, I'd have told Dad that I'd like to have a bit of time with kiddo after daycare, so would bring him to Dad no later than 9pm, fed, bathed and in pj's. And if that was a no-go... I'd suck it up. You have never spend a week away from your child. Dad, apparently, has rarely been able to spend more than that WITH his child. Showing some compassion for his situation may result in some back for yours.
excellent post stealth!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">