• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extended Summer Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baconvet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My exwife has extended summer visitation. (8 weeks)
I had an OFP filed on her for neglect. (non administering of medication to our 8 year old daughter).
A hearing has been set for 14 days after OFP has been signed.
My exwife came back saying I had trumped up charges just to get daughter back.
I can prove charges of neglect against her, no problem.
Now she wants me to pay for her attorney and have an extra 2 weeks added to her summer visitation. There is already a court order for 8 weeks.
Can she get the extra 2 weeks and pick the 2 weeks she wants?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My exwife has extended summer visitation. (8 weeks)
I had an OFP filed on her for neglect. (non administering of medication to our 8 year old daughter).
A hearing has been set for 14 days after OFP has been signed.
My exwife came back saying I had trumped up charges just to get daughter back.
I can prove charges of neglect against her, no problem.
Now she wants me to pay for her attorney and have an extra 2 weeks added to her summer visitation. There is already a court order for 8 weeks.
Can she get the extra 2 weeks and pick the 2 weeks she wants?
What kind of medication and how can you prove it?

Its all going to boil down to how the judge views things regarding the medication. If the situation was/is life threatening its one thing. If it was/is not, it may be another.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/continuation-520256.html#post2584920

Or is this simply another ploy to further reduce your ex's time with the daughter you share? Expect her to ask the court to allow her make-up time based on your game-playing, and don't be surprised when she gets it. Nor should you be surprised when the judge orders you to pay at least part of her legal fees. You filed against her - if you felt you needed a lawyer, that would have been the time to get one. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">