• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False accusations of Child abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rrfather56

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

In the middle of a divorce and I got overnight visits with my two daughters. Knowing my wife my family set up a 24 hour 4 camera DVR system inside the house. My daughters had never spent the night at my house and the day I brought them home a report was made to CFS that I abuse my daughters. After forensic interviews with my daughters comfirming no abuse occured and after providing continuous 48 hours of audio and Video to the court showing my daughters sleeping peacefully all night long in my mothers room and me in my room CFS promtly threw the case out scalding my wife and calling it a Family Law issue. Can I sue my wife and mother-in-law for making knowingly false allegations of child abuse. Also recorded is my daughter saying "Mommy told me you sleep naked" and "Mommy is lying to the Judge because I want to live with you daddy and she told me not to tell you but I'm telling you anyway so you can try to fix it". Can I sue

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

In the middle of a divorce and I got overnight visits with my two daughters. Knowing my wife my family set up a 24 hour 4 camera DVR system inside the house. My daughters had never spent the night at my house and the day I brought them home a report was made to CFS that I abuse my daughters. After forensic interviews with my daughters comfirming no abuse occured and after providing continuous 48 hours of audio and Video to the court showing my daughters sleeping peacefully all night long in my mothers room and me in my room CFS promtly threw the case out scalding my wife and calling it a Family Law issue. Can I sue my wife and mother-in-law for making knowingly false allegations of child abuse. Also recorded is my daughter saying "Mommy told me you sleep naked" and "Mommy is lying to the Judge because I want to live with you daddy and she told me not to tell you but I'm telling you anyway so you can try to fix it". Can I sue

Who?

For what exactly?

rrfather56

My wife and mother-in-law for making knowingly false accusations. Isn't it mental child abuse for what they have done. My daughers have had to go through physical exams and interogations all because of a lie.

Proserpina

My wife and mother-in-law for making knowingly false accusations. Isn't it mental child abuse for what they have done. My daughers have had to go through physical exams and interogations all because of a lie.

How do you intend to prove that the allegations weren't based upon a genuine fear or belief?

Honestly you're barking up the wrong tree on this one.

Even if you had a reasonable case - which I do not see here - do you really want to make an obviously adversarial relationship even worse?

That's seriously going to traumatize your children even further.

rrfather56

So apparently my wife should be able do something so dispicable and go unchecked. I'm fully aware of where I would be if she was successful in her lie. Jail! and my daughters would be fatherless. Now that would be tramatizing. Thank you for your input. Thats what I'm looking for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">