• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False injunction on overnight stay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ehvah

Texas

My fiance and I got a letter from his ex's lawyer saying I am not allowed overnight when his daughter is there...however, the custody/possession agreement clearly states that that was only in effect until a month ago. The letter is dated 2 weeks ago, and there is a threat to an injunction against us.

Why did the lawyer write us a letter to a non-applicable possession order (since it is outdated) and what are we supposed to do to get them off our case? Can we settle this without hiring an attorney? Can we just ignore the letter?

Silverplum

You've already been told that his legal business is not your legal business.

Texas

My fiance and I got a letter from his ex's lawyer saying I am not allowed overnight when his daughter is there...however, the custody/possession agreement clearly states that that was only in effect until a month ago. The letter is dated 2 weeks ago, and there is a threat to an injunction against us.

Why did the lawyer write us a letter to a non-applicable possession order (since it is outdated) and what are we supposed to do to get them off our case? Can we settle this without hiring an attorney? Can we just ignore the letter?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">