• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False reports. What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL / TX

On Friday at 245 last week my ex emailed the county sherffs office and told them my children were dirty and had no food. The cop did not want to come in and check. She told my wife thats ok. The officer had been out earlier in the day to talk to my wife about an assault the night before.
Then today my wife gets a call from her sister in Texas that the cops came banging on the door looking for me and my daughters. The cop told her the girsl could not be there without me. Of course I live in FL and this is crazy.

Now after my mom attacked my wife and hit me holding on of my daughters my thought was to send my wife to TEXAS where hse can be safe with our son and my daughters. I have my daughters til the 27th but we havent said anything nor has it happened. But heres an issue of why I think she told the cops I have to be there ..In our order it says before they are left with a third party for more than 4 hours we have to call. I dont see how that would work with us is different states anyways. But she was questioned about it on May 5 in court and nothing was done about it. And i work alot. So when I have them outside my weekends such as my summer and holidays they are at home with my wife and our son. So unsure there...

But my ex is out of control. What could be done about this? She clearly has my address and is calling the cops to anywhere she can think of right now. Cant she get in trouble for making a (cry Wolf) as you call it.

CJane

Your situation is so confusing, it's crazy. So if I get some of the intertwined relationships confused, forgive me.

You have a ROFR in your order. So, if you KNOW that you'll be working when you have the children, you have to offer that time to your ex. She can REFUSE the time, but you have to make the offer or you're violating the order when you leave them with a 3rd party.

Honestly, there are SO MANY issues here w/the parenting skills of EVERYONE from you, your ex, your current, and your mother that I can see the judge being pissed at every single one of you.

Your situation is so confusing, it's crazy. So if I get some of the intertwined relationships confused, forgive me.

You have a ROFR in your order. So, if you KNOW that you'll be working when you have the children, you have to offer that time to your ex. She can REFUSE the time, but you have to make the offer or you're violating the order when you leave them with a 3rd party.

Honestly, there are SO MANY issues here w/the parenting skills of EVERYONE from you, your ex, your current, and your mother that I can see the judge being pissed at every single one of you.
Well first I would need to see the judge... My ex has never offered my time to me and has been on probation for almost a year with contempt not on this though. But What about the calling the cops with false info? Ive always worked and my ex has left them just to leave them sometimes with my wife. By the time my ex got here I would be off work anyways. We havent always lived this far apart. only since May though. And for a long time after I took my ex to court she refused my calls. She likes everything in texts and i half the time dont have service her in FL or im on my job.

And by the way what parenting skille are you meaning when you say me & my wife. What have we done wrong here?
My wife and I are trying to get restraining orders on my mother. My ex and my mother get together and do these things and feed each others fire. Its been going on for years. But this is icing on the cake along with my son being thrown in.

Yes this is crazy . My mother has done unspeakable things to me and my family of late. Im not sure if seeing my daughters more or less would matter at this point. Ive been holding on to getting a modification but I will have to wait til I get back to TX to try.

CJane

And by the way what parenting skille are you meaning when you say me & my wife. What have we done wrong here?
Really?

Aren't you the same guy that witnessed his kids being locked in a car at Walmart for an hour or something close and did NOTHING except try to find out how it would help your legal case?

Really?

Aren't you the same guy that witnessed his kids being locked in a car at Walmart for an hour or something close and did NOTHING except try to find out how it would help your legal case?
I did call the police. Right away they tried to tell me is was ok they were with the 14 year old but If i wanted to make a report call the right office. I did. I didnt witness more than my ex getting in the car and i began to ask her a couple questions. I didnt want her to run she has is the past. Before calling CPS I called myattorney. When she said ok I did and this is what its caused and usually CPS does not much with my ex. She had dealt with them on several occasions and they are only 3!I dont care how it helps my legal case I emailed the CPS worker if nothing else for my childrent o be checkd on.My mother in law pulled up saw them in the car went in walmart and when she came they were stilll in there so she called me. So I drove over there. Unless I saw it I couldnt do anything. I called CPS but im not in court at this moment and needed to know if i would help me. How would this help me. Nothing helps. It only makes it harder to think what I need to do again and get nowhere. Ive tried to think my ex does her best but it hard to think she may not and I see that. The only reason I didnt call CPS right away is from past experiences and now allll the retalliation and accusations I now have to put up with and the money I have to pay to rent two places. My wife was assaulted by my mom over this becuase she believes my ex did nothing wrong!!!!!! Trust me calling CPS made alot happen but to assure my children are safe I had tooo.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OP... I'm sorry, but you need to find someone with enough language skills to translate your posts into semi-coherent English. You're unreadable.

OP... I'm sorry, but you need to find someone with enough language skills to translate your posts into semi-coherent English. You're unreadable.
Ya know thats funny because.... The average human can read a paragraph written backwards and can still comprehend it. Thats a fact. I will say I did not sit and proof read as I did not know it mattered. Sorry about that..

But What about the calling the cops with false info?

CJane

But What about the calling the cops with false info?
It's not a tree worth barking up. Just not.

There's likely no legal recourse for YOU and there aren't any damages anyway. So what if DCF shows up at your house? Who REALLY cares? They didn't take the kids, you weren't arrested, nothing HAPPENED except Mom told DCF that she doesn't think you're taking good care of the kids.

Was it asinine? Sure.

But so is calling your attorney to get permission to call CPS and then claiming that you REALLY believed your kids were in danger with a TEENAGER.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It's not a tree worth barking up. Just not.

There's likely no legal recourse for YOU and there aren't any damages anyway. So what if DCF shows up at your house? Who REALLY cares? They didn't take the kids, you weren't arrested, nothing HAPPENED except Mom told DCF that she doesn't think you're taking good care of the kids.

Was it asinine? Sure.

But so is calling your attorney to get permission to call CPS and then claiming that you REALLY believed your kids were in danger with a TEENAGER.
And I agree with this completely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">