• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family access motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justbreathmel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
Filed a family access order along with a motion to modify, and contempt of court. Ex was served a day later but judge set court date for 3 months down the road. I have been kept from seeing my kids since Jan.30th and I'm supposed to wait an additional 3 months?? I was under the impression that family access orders were filed for emergency purposes and I was told by the court clerk I would be given a court date within 2 weeks when I was filing it on my own, why now that I've hired an attorney and combined it with the other motions is it not being heard first?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
Filed a family access order along with a motion to modify, and contempt of court. Ex was served a day later but judge set court date for 3 months down the road. I have been kept from seeing my kids since Jan.30th and I'm supposed to wait an additional 3 months?? I was under the impression that family access orders were filed for emergency purposes and I was told by the court clerk I would be given a court date within 2 weeks when I was filing it on my own, why now that I've hired an attorney and combined it with the other motions is it not being heard first?
How does your lawyer answer that question? S/he is your best resource...

CJane

By hiring an attorney and filing additional motions, you agreed that everything could be heard at once, during whatever docket opening there was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">