• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father allowing abuse from step-mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fedupmommy

What is the name of your state? Maryland
My 7yr.old little girl is mentally abused by her step-mother.
My ex and I were never married. 6 yrs. ago we settled out of court with a consent order (temporay custody) for joint legal custody. Order that minor child reside with me during the week Sunday 6pm through Friday 6pm for a period of 6 months begining May 1 1997. It was further ordered that her father shall have visitation during the first 6 month period with the minor child from Friday 6pm until Sunday 6pm each week and it is further ordered that after the first six month period expires on Nov. 1,1997, the minor child shall reside with the father during the week and me on the weekends, and that the aformentioned physical custody and visitation will continue to alternate every six months and that there is to be no drug or alcohol use at either household while said child is present.
Since this time, he and his wife constantly battle over the fact that she refuses to take care of my daughter. He was arresseted for possesion of heroin and placed on 3yrs.supervised probation. He has passed out from alcohol leaving my daughter and her sister(not my child) up by them selves at 10pm with nothing to eat or drink resulting in my 7 yr who was 6 at the time to call me crying she was scared because daddy wouldn't wake up and her having to come home. Her step mother constantly calling me a piece of sh_ _ and telling my daughter she's gonna kick my ass.
Not bathing her to the point that when I would greet her comming home I could smell her head when I would kiss her. My little girl cries and says she doesn't feel any love from her. My ex said he left her because she finally told him she doesn't want to take care of my daughter. She turned off there phone and took my daughter bed and dresser. and dropped my daughter off with his mother who tried to commit suicide the night before and told my daughter about it and told her not to tell me cause I wouldn't let her see her mom-mom anymore. Now after she's confessed to calling my daughter a F _ _ _ing brat, saying she can't stand her and she don't want to take care of her he's trying to work things out with her. What is there to be worked out????? He won't talk to me about this and it's almost time for her to go back with him for his 6 months. I don't want her to go back there. It is not healthy for her physically or mentally. I need some advice on what to do and how because I'm afraid I can't prove enough or any evidence for an ex-parte and I can't afford a lawyer. Please someone help us.:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">