• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father denied child 4 months, now wants to be part of life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cootie

What is the name of your state? Colorado father not on birth certificate of my grandchild, does not carry his name, denied existence for 4 months. now wants name on birth cert. and last name given to child. No support. none really wanted. father has about 4 other kids, pays support to them but sees them once a year if that. none of them live with him. what can my daughter do? he threatens to take child. She is a college student trying to make a life for her and daughter. works part time for me and lives in my house at the moment. Child is well cared for. should she be worried? does she file for custody? adorable child, father plays psychological head games with daughter. really worried about this.

Last edited:

Grace_Adler

Well if he didn't sign an Affadavit of Paternity then he has no rights to the child right now. Which also means she doesn't have to let the child go for visitation.

Before child support can be done, he can deny paternity and request a DNA test be done, if she pursues that avenue. After paternity is established he can file for custody and visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">