• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father Fails To Follow Court Orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shalove

What is the name of your state? Delaware

THe situation is i have visitation every weds and thursday. night with my son to take out for dinner and i ahev him everyother weekend for the weekend.

the problem is the order says i shall pick up my son at his school on wed and thursday for dinner and everyother friday for the weekend and have him back after dinner or the weekend is over. and father should have everything in order for me.

well my son rides the bus home everyday from school now so i cant get him from school and have to pick him up at home. but his father keeps the only car seat in his car so i cant pick him up till late when his father gets home from work. he does this on purpose so i cant get my son when i want too and too also complicate things. the order clearly says he should have everything ready for me when i come to get my son. but never leaves the carseat home for me to come get my son for dinner. plus my son has special needs and has medication for his help. but the father also gives me medicine and never gives me enough or tells me what to do with new meds if my son has some?

so basically the fatehr doesnt leave what i need to get my son and doesn keep me informed on meds for my son or enough. the paper clearly says to pick my son uop at school which to me means somewhere in the time of 2-4 o'clock. but the fatehr hides the carseat so i cant get my son till 6 pm or later.

i want to file comtemped of court against him for the meds and not having things in order for me to get my son and also just being an arse and complicating things. by the way when we went to court the last time i could tell the judge didnt like the fatehr to well. if i file and bring him to court on these things what can the judge do or can he do or say anything to make the fatehr change. can he get fined,jailtime, etc????? what can happen???

Sha

bononos

shalove said:
What is the name of your state? Delaware

THe situation is i have visitation every weds and thursday. night with my son to take out for dinner and i ahev him everyother weekend for the weekend.

the problem is the order says i shall pick up my son at his school on wed and thursday for dinner and everyother friday for the weekend and have him back after dinner or the weekend is over. and father should have everything in order for me.

well my son rides the bus home everyday from school now so i cant get him from school and have to pick him up at home. but his father keeps the only car seat in his car so i cant pick him up till late when his father gets home from work. he does this on purpose so i cant get my son when i want too and too also complicate things. the order clearly says he should have everything ready for me when i come to get my son. but never leaves the carseat home for me to come get my son for dinner. plus my son has special needs and has medication for his help. but the father also gives me medicine and never gives me enough or tells me what to do with new meds if my son has some?

so basically the fatehr doesnt leave what i need to get my son and doesn keep me informed on meds for my son or enough. the paper clearly says to pick my son uop at school which to me means somewhere in the time of 2-4 o'clock. but the fatehr hides the carseat so i cant get my son till 6 pm or later.

i want to file comtemped of court against him for the meds and not having things in order for me to get my son and also just being an arse and complicating things. by the way when we went to court the last time i could tell the judge didnt like the fatehr to well. if i file and bring him to court on these things what can the judge do or can he do or say anything to make the fatehr change. can he get fined,jailtime, etc????? what can happen???

Sha
Go out and but your own car seat, they go on sale alot and you can get one for around $25 if it's a good sale.
Buy one of those 50 cent daily pill holders, hay buy 2 or 3. Give to ex and tell him to fill each day with the proper amount.
You need to get things in order too, not just him, and it's pretty irresponsible for you to rely on him for a car seat.

JUfford

Just wanted to mention about the car seat.
It is advised not to use "used" car seats. The problem is you can't be sure if the car seat has ever been in any type of accident. As far as I know, (Worked at Babies r us, Car seat department) all manufactures tell you to replace car seats if you ever get into an accident.
Just a bit of FYI

JUfford said:
Just wanted to mention about the car seat.
It is advised not to use "used" car seats. The problem is you can't be sure if the car seat has ever been in any type of accident. As far as I know, (Worked at Babies r us, Car seat department) all manufactures tell you to replace car seats if you ever get into an accident.
Just a bit of FYI

That is not quite accurate. The Department of Motor Vehicles will provide a car seat for those who can not afford a "new" car seat. They are in fact used car seats and inspected for safety. You may want to call your local DMV to see what they require to obtain one for your son's safety.

shalove

The car seat he uses is mine. and was only being nice by letting him use it. but now this weekend when i pick my son up i will not be giving it back!

So...lets not lose focus on the question at hand.

what can the judge do or can the father be penalized in anyway?
and as for the meds. it doesnt work that easy with this butthead. he refuses to give me extra or the meds i ask for!

can i just get a straight forward answer?? what can the judge do. cause im not gonna blow $50 to hear the judge just yell at the father because i know the fatehr will do exactly what he is doing now. Again!

SHA

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm not understanding why you can't pick up the kid from school. Mine ride teh bus, and it is an easy task to arrange to pick them up from the car line instead on occasion. Make those arrangements directly with the school.

A judge will likely find this a petty annoyance on both of your parts. Dad for being a pain, and you for bringing this to court. For the $50 you'd spend on filing fees, you could easily buy the kid another car seat and be done with it. This really isn't a hill worth dying on.

As for the meds, call the kid's doctor and ask if you could get a script written so that you have the meds he needs on hand when he's with you. Be a little proactive on things other than dragging Dad to court immediately.

haiku

the answer to the question at hand is, YOU have not done everything YOU can do.

What is baring you from picking the kid up at school?

A simple phonecall and coming to get the kid before the bus gets him will do.

How old is this kid? Another seat likely costs less than court.

meds can be arranged with the doctor for use in two households, school dispensing etc.....

I hate to say it, but it would likely be YOU at this point who would get admonished by the judge....

BelizeBreeze

Lady, you are in serious need of a reality check if you think a judge will listen to your crap about a car seat. Your ex is NOT required to make available for you his possessions so that you can enjoy your visitation. If you need a car seat then buy one.

As for the medication, the ONLY thing the ex is required under law to do is to make the medication available to your child. NOT to you.

It's time to get back into reality. You try walking into court with these petty issues and it will be a cold day in hell before another judge even lets you in the door.

AND THAT is a serious answer to your petty issues.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, BB, the car seat is apparently hers - DAD is the one borrowing it. But it wouldn't be worth the hassle to me - I'd just go and get one for myself to use.

BelizeBreeze

stealth2 said:
Well, BB, the car seat is apparently hers - DAD is the one borrowing it. But it wouldn't be worth the hassle to me - I'd just go and get one for myself to use.
Well then my pretty...the solution is even simplier isn't it?:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">