• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father gets to see kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flygrl

What is the name of your state? Ohio

You know this totally bites. The "loving and caring" father still gets to see his kids.

But - he doesn't even know the last day of school.

He won't pay for dental care.

He won't pay for extra activities

Even though he has the money (6 figure income) to do that.

Instead he takes ME to court because I took the child to the orthodontist

He takes me to court to appeal contempt charges that were ruled Not contempt (things like me wanting to see my child when she was very sick and he thought that was an invasion of his privacy).

He is pulling me in and out of court and wasting so much money that I don't have and yet he still gets to see his kids.

What an ass!! I can't wait to get him on the stand later in the summer and rip both him and his lawyer apart.

CVG

Rushia

flygrl said:

You know this totally bites. The "loving and caring" father still gets to see his kids.

But - he doesn't even know the last day of school.

He won't pay for dental care.

He won't pay for extra activities

Even though he has the money (6 figure income) to do that.

Instead he takes ME to court because I took the child to the orthodontist

He takes me to court to appeal contempt charges that were ruled Not contempt (things like me wanting to see my child when she was very sick and he thought that was an invasion of his privacy).

He is pulling me in and out of court and wasting so much money that I don't have and yet he still gets to see his kids.

What an ass!! I can't wait to get him on the stand later in the summer and rip both him and his lawyer apart.

CVG

Was there a question in there somewhere?

flygrl

The question IS:

How does he get to get away with this?

A loving and caring father would want to take care of his kids not neglect them to cause financial harm to their mother.

A loving and caring father would at least know when the last day of school is.

cvg

Rushia

flygrl said:
The question IS:

How does he get to get away with this?

A loving and caring father would want to take care of his kids not neglect them to cause financial harm to their mother.

A loving and caring father would at least know when the last day of school is.

cvg
He is the childrens father.

You can't make him behave, sorry.

Hey, my x is a loving and caring father, but men (sorry guys, ;) ), at least most that I know, don't care or know about schedules outside of their own.

nextwife

To tell you the truth, I don't "know" my kid's last day of school either. It's in my Outlook Calender, and I have already scheduled summer camp, AND precamp, but I truly couldn't just tell you the day. Other than it's about mid June.

LdiJ

nextwife said:
To tell you the truth, I don't "know" my kid's last day of school either. It's in my Outlook Calender, and I have already scheduled summer camp, AND precamp, but I truly couldn't just tell you the day. Other than it's about mid June.
Honestly?....I don't have a clue either...other than its sometime around the end of May/beginning of June. :D Again...I can look it up if I need to know the exact date.

However I am DEAD CERTAIN that my 17 year old has it memorized...LMAO :D

scochell

True Loving Father

Amazing. My husband does everything that you just said your ex doesn't do for his two kids, and he still gets jerked around all the time by his ex. Nothing is ever good enough, she is "owed" everything and all she does is talk about him around the kids.......but she's a great mom...please......it's been 5 years, move on and get over it......

flygrl

scochell said:
Amazing. My husband does everything that you just said your ex doesn't do for his two kids, and he still gets jerked around all the time by his ex. Nothing is ever good enough, she is "owed" everything and all she does is talk about him around the kids.......but she's a great mom...please......it's been 5 years, move on and get over it......
Well, my X used to do all that stuff too. But he chose his new wife and family over his own kids. AND please don't go to that thing where you think I am jealous - I have my own relationship and even if I didn't I wouldn't want him back.

What I do want is him to start paying for what is required in our parenting plan and to stop jerking me into court for insane things like I wanted to see my daughter when she was sick (that was suppposedly an infringment on his privacy).

But, I will have sole custody and ALL the money I paid out in lawyer costs by the end of the summer. He has done one jerky thing to much for the courts to take him seriously at this point. Unless you consider that he is seriously financially harassing me.

CVg

nextwife

I am curious. Other than a hospitalization, do YOU call your ex so he can come and be with your daughter when she's sick if she is in YOUR custody at the time?

Last edited:

haiku

flygrl said:

But - he doesn't even know the last day of school.***already noted that even us moms have no idea..***

He won't pay for dental care.***Does it address ortho in you order-if it does not he does not have to***

He won't pay for extra activities***Again if your order does not say it, he does not have to***

Even though he has the money (6 figure income) to do that.***Does he pay his court ordered child support? thats all he is required to do. Do you get the 'harder" hands on job of raising the kids? yes, but the rewards are really better in the long run. ***

Instead he takes ME to court because I took the child to the orthodontist**Whether or not he is justified depends on the back story. Did you discuss it with him beforehand, and make the decision together?****

He takes me to court to appeal contempt charges that were ruled Not contempt (things like me wanting to see my child when she was very sick and he thought that was an invasion of his privacy). ***Well, do you inform him every time the kids get sick while in your care?********

He is pulling me in and out of court and wasting so much money that I don't have and yet he still gets to see his kids. ****the only ones you punish if he can't see his kids is the kids. they are not a prize he gets for being "good". They ar ehis kids, just as they are yours, and if he wants to be a dinck about things, its his right. obviously you thought his dinckiness was marvelous at one point because you had not one, but at least two kids with the guy.****

CVG
Its OK to rant. We all do. Everyone here has thier own horror story to tell, thats why we are here, most of us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">