• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father gone for two years, given up rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crymat

I live in washington state. I have a parenting plan in place that gives the father supervised visitation 3 days a week. He got in a fight with the supervisor and stopped the visitation 1 and 1/2 years ago. I have heard if there is no contact for two years the courts see that as personally volunteering to give up parental rights. Is this true? If it is how do I go about getting those rights taken from him? Thank you, Crystal.

VeronicaGia

Does he pay support? If so, technically he has not abandoned the child. If not, and he's had no contact, you may have better luck.

WHY?

Why are you desperately trying to sever his fatherhood?

You already got him jumping through your hoops of supervised visits.

Need the control do ya? Would rather your son be cut off from his daddy huh? Just because you dont sleep in the same bed anymore?

I read your other post to get more insight:

The father has not seen his son now in 5 months. He has supervised visititaion 3 days a week, but got in an arguement with both supervisors and now there is no supervisor. I have talked to him twice in the last 5 months and he is making no progress to find a new supervisor. Can I ask the courts for sole legal custody since the father does not show any concern for the child?

Making things as difficult as you can eh? Let me guess your reply now. He's abusive. Your a liar. Your just another **** trying to cut a father out of his childrens lives. Bet ya still want the child support! Lightly toast in hell. LOL:D

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

Making things as difficult as you can eh? Let me guess your reply now. He's abusive. Burn in hell bitch.
awww, did someone hit your idiot button?

Well you are shortly history on this forum. I'll just wait and enjoy the fact that ignorance comes in all forms, even new daddies.

As for the original poster, The following are the only grounds for termination of Parental Rights as specified in Washington State Statute §§ 13.34.180 13.34.190 13.34.132

Abandonment or Extreme Parental Disinterest
Abuse/Neglect
Mental Illness or Deficiency Alcohol- or Drug-induced Incapacity
Felony Conviction/ Incarceration
Failure of Reasonable Efforts
Sexual Abuse Abuse/Neglect
Loss of Rights of Another Child
Child Judged in Need of Services/Dependent
Child's Best Interest
Felony assault of child or sibling
Murder/Manslaughter of sibling child
Other Grounds
• Identity or location of parent unknown
• Parent is a sexually violent predator
• Aggravated circumstances

From your original post we can't tell you if you could prevail in such a proceeding. The first question you need to answer is one already asked, "Is he still paying child support?" If so, the statutes are clear, you cannot terminate the rights of the father.

gobonas99

Hexy, honey....don't be so quick to judge raddad.... I love you, but you have got him ALL wrong.

I can tell immediately by your post that you have not read any of raddad's posts regarding his ex's determination to keep him away from his 2 boys at all costs and his determination to see (or even talk to) them, if only for 2 minutes.

Do a search for Raddadthomas or Bugaboo (his new wife, with the new baby boy - congrats, again, btw). You'll see what I'm talking about. His ex has posted on here, too...but I can't remember her id - butterfree, maybe? that rings a bell...yes...it is butterfree.

Read some of it, and you will understand rad's attitude on this post. :)

-Christina

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

Your a liar. Your just another skank trying to cut a father out of his childrens lives. Bet ya still want the child support! Burn in hell bitch.
Well, at the risk of offending anyone (which you should know I'm not that worried about) the above comments don't have any place here.

First, yes, the original poster doesn't have any idea of the legal rights of the father in this situation. But as you will notice by reading my posts and those of other people here, most posters are not 'attacked' until they prove they deserve it.

I'm sorry, but telling someone to burn in hell is a sorry example of taking that chip on your shoulder and placing it someplace else.

It was uncalled for. Plain and simple. Regardless of whatraddadthomas has gone through.

bugaboo

Regardless of who's right, who's wrong...who said what...That fact still remains that for what ever reason, here lies another woman wanting to sever the father from his children. She didn't mention in this post or her last anything about failure to pay, abuse or any other Legitamate reason to rip the children from their father. WHY would ANYONE want to give this woman help on abusing her children in such a way...Have you EVER read the statisics on children who grow up in FATHERLESS homes...FATHER...step fathers or live in boyfriends don't cut it. The trauma a child goes through because of PARENTAL ALIENATION is astronomical!

Hexe,,,if you are a parent, which I asume you are since your on this bb...than you should understand the VALUE of having both parents in a childs life. NO parent should have ANY rights to sever the other parent...unless there is PROVEN...and I do mean PROVEN (father is in jail for hurting child, etc)FACTS of abuse....not just meaningless, hurtful allegations.

There are SO many women out there who get pissed off at their ex's for whatever reason and the only way they know to hurt their ex's is with their children...the start to try and CONTROL visitations and money...Than if the ex still doesn't do what SHE wants she runs with the kids and cries crocadile tears of abuse. It turns my stomach to know that a mother would INTENIONALLY ABUSE and HURT her own children just for her own vindictive pleasures.

Yes, Rad may have been harsh...but there are certain reasons as to why that I won't go into right now. I sure know of some choice words I'd like to tell her, and if I were face to face, who only knows what would happen...I'm sorry, but women like that, who think they can CONTROL everything having to do with the father should NEVER be parents and need to have their children RIPPED from them forever!!!

H

hexeliebe

I agree with you bug that a child benefits from having both parents, even if divorced, in their lives.

And yes, I am a divorced dad, who gets to see his daughters every month and in summers.

As for the situation that got me here, I had to block my ex's passport so she could not leave the country and return to Austria with my daughters.

Did I hate her for that? Yep, sure did. And it took two years to get over it and realize that my daughters deserved my best. Not my hate towards their mother.

And although I'm not the kindest person on this forum, everyone deserves an answer, not an attitude...until that's what they prove the need.

This poster, while wrong for trying to manipulate things to her own end, simply needed to know she could not do what she wanted....not to "burn in hell".

Grace_Adler

Sorry Rad and bug, I must have been asleep not to catch this and she even signed it with her name. I really can't believed I let this slip by.

Gobonas, this is butterfree posting as a new user. ;)

Hex, if your ex put you through the hell she has put them through you'd be telling her to burn in hell too. There is a lot of history here you don't know about. Well, anyway, everyone has their opinion and are entitled. However, in this case, I don't blame rad and bug.

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

Sorry, but I won't ever agree ...

And to step aside gracefully since I've said my piece...I'll just leave this to you folks.

Just remember, anger is easy....forgiveness is a blessing.

Grace_Adler

I understand what you are saying.

Well, get ready for the fireworks then hex. LOL I feel there will be some when the OP comes back. Can't wait to see what she has to say this time.

Ooops my bad, not a new user but reusing the screenname.

Last edited:
HI Grace

Didn't mean to come off so harsh. It's just these situations bring out some emotion burried deep inside me. I have had to learn to deal with my pain, but I read this stuff and know somewhere there's a Daddy to a little boy or girl, that in a matter of days may never see them again. It pisses me off something fierce.

Grace_Adler

Hey there! Tell the little one and bug hi for me. :)

Don't worry 'bout it. I'm like you. I'm emotional and I don't think I could ever get over all the stuff that has happened to you guys. All this stuff pisses me off too.

Best wishes to you guys! :)

kidoday

Hi Bug, Rad and Baby

Rad sorry Butternut had to come on here and stir up some crap again. I know the wounds are not healed and never will be until those two little boys of yours finally know the truth. They will someday.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">