• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father refuses to return child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?NJ :mad:
Tonight I went to pick up my daughter at the end of father parenting time of the EOW. He decided that he was not going to return her , police came but will only fill out a report because "IN this town we don't phsyically remove children when parent won't give them back" Fill out a report and file charges on Tuesday in superior court.
After it was proven by several forms of documents they still refused to have her come out of the house to come home.
I have an order that as it now stands father is now going to be charged with 6 counts of contempt and violations of the court order. Each and every time I have shown this order to police for enforcement I still get same answer we will make out a report speak to your attorney the next day. The paper I have for an order is worthless when police, probation, and possible next the judge will not enforce his own ruling.

kidoday

This can be typical for some authorities to not get involved in a what they call a "domestic dispute". Since you know where she is, you can't really say he kidnapped her.

Fortunately you have built a case that a eow situation is not going to work if the father refuses to return the child. Unfortunately, you are going to have to go back to court to get this done.

Good Luck.

NJ Our order is a straight forward EOW. No holidays addressed since if the holiday falls with me then child is with me or with father on EOW schedule.
Father already had vacation events that where to done during july and august as stated in order.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm surprised your order doesn't address long weekends - most do.

Be that as it may - the cops generally are not going to get in the middle of this type of situation as far as physically removing the child. They might talk to Dad, they'll write up a report, and that's it. For anything more, you're going to have to take it to court.

nextwife

"No holidays addressed since if the holiday falls with me then child is with me or with father on EOW schedule."

So I'm confused. If THIS was HIS EOW, it sounds from what you stated the order said, that the holiday would fall to him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">