• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father refuses to visit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynn7312

What is the name of your state? California

Is it best to just "leave it alone" if a father refused to see child when it is his time for visitation?

fairisfair

there is no such thing as enforced visitation (although some of us may think that there should be) just have the child ready to go, and the explainations as to why NCP never showed ready as well.

lynn7312 said:

Is it best to just "leave it alone" if a father refused to see child when it is his time for visitation?
Also a good idea to keep documentation of each time visitation is not exercised. This may help you get a modification for less visitation time for dad down the road, which could equate to more child support for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mbarr77

lynn7312 said:

Unfortunately, just as fairisfair has said there is no enforced visitation...One piece of advice tho, if I may...Even though you have to have the child ready for visitation try to do it in a way where they don't know that they may be having visitation with daddy. That way if he does not show up they are not AS disappointed. You probably already know this, but just wanted to share.

lynn7312

Yes. I am not going to force or not force the visitation but yes I do have her ready when it is time and pick up the pieces from there when he does not come. I was just unsure if it is something I need to "report" or like I asked "leave it alone". Thank you.

ezmarelda

lynn7312 said:

Can I trade you problems?

Sorry I was dreaming for a second. How long has Dadio not been showing up? Has he told you he no longer wants to see the child/ren?

Mbarr77

lynn7312 said:
Yes. I am not going to force or not force the visitation but yes I do have her ready when it is time and pick up the pieces from there when he does not come. I was just unsure if it is something I need to "report" or like I asked "leave it alone". Thank you.
well, there is nothing to report but it is always good to keep a record of visitations that have been missed. that way you can establish a pattern of missed time and disinterest.

lynn7312

Thank you all for the sound advice....yes I do keep a log now and yes it has been a while....I have learned now to have alternate plans for when he does not show up so we can go somewhere and do something.....

fairisfair

lynn7312 said:
Thank you all for the sound advice....yes I do keep a log now and yes it has been a while....I have learned now to have alternate plans for when he does not show up so we can go somewhere and do something.....
Way to go Mommy! :D

ezmarelda

sorry...eme said:
Can I trade you problems?

Sorry I was dreaming for a second. How long has Dadio not been showing up? Has he told you he no longer wants to see the child/ren?
I asked these questions because depending on the answers you may or may not want to "leave it alone"

Leaving it alone for too long can cause masive problems later. If you have a c/o giving the father visitation and he has not seen the child in...I dont know...let's say a month, no biggie. But just for kicks let's say he's been MIA for 3 years, and suddenly decides he wants to become *Super Dad Distroyer of Mommy and Child's Happy Life*, and remember he still has visitation....and shows up to take Jr for a visit??????...See where this is going?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">