• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father trying to get joint custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riselle873

What is the name of your state? indiana

I am a father trying to get joint custody because my ex is not letting me see my son on my visitation days and now she has put a restaining order against me saying that when we talking i assault her at my home which is not true and now she is telling our son that i assulted her please help me i don't know what to do:eek:

Silverplum

I am a father trying to get joint custody because my ex is not letting me see my son on my visitation days and now she has put a restaining order against me saying that when we talking i assault her at my home which is not true and now she is telling our son that i assulted her please help me i don't know what to do:eek:
I strongly advise you to get an attorney.

LdiJ

Your first step should have been to file for contempt against her for not obeying the visitation orders, assuming that you have visitation orders. If not, then you need to file for joint legal custody and a parenting time order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">